PDA

View Full Version : Sip

Sea-Jay
27-03-2002, 08:31 AM
were does the monies from the SIP go,? is it just to the various stocking associations, or is it soaked up in administration costs http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm33.gif
don't we already pay for goverment stocking via our taxes, is there anyware were i can go to see how much has been delagated the various stocking groups for the actual re- purchase of fingerlings??
Hookin,Brett

Fitzy
27-03-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi Brett,
I'm not sure where you're running with this or whos feeding you info :-/, but I can tell you than most anglers & all fish stocking groups are very supportive of the SIP scheme. :)
If you're after info on where the working mans tax goes, then perhaps contact your local member. I can tell you that fisheries spend 160 odd grand a year on fingerling purchases. This is on top of the fish stocked by the SIP & by stocking groups other fund raising activities like the Kirkleagh Klassic. ;D
Admin? There is plenty of info on the fisheries website that tells the amount used by admin. It is guaranteed to be less than %25 of the total income. Last round it came in at 23%.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Brett_Finger
27-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Gary,
not going anyware with this at all, just trying to prove a point to Wade, ;D
and you have given me the answer i need. ;D ;D
god i love it when i rember things once in a blue moon, it gives me faith ti keep trying not to forget,i had seen someware those figures and was just a checkin!!!
Ps, i just seen i had used my live chat user name and didn't realise it was still going here, my appol's if anyone was miss led as to who was posting.
Hookin,Brett

Fitzy
27-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Hi Brett,
Could tell by the way you typed you were looking for something there.
Yep, Wade is always thinking. Next he'll come up with some new stocking strategy.

Ahhh, that's where the nic came from.

C Ya,

fitz

Rosso
11-02-2003, 05:45 PM
were does the monies from the SIP go,? is it just to the various stocking associations, or is it soaked up in administration costs

Sadly in QLD a certain amount of the monies is indeed soaked up into admin.

I do not know the amount, but in NSW its may or maynot be the same amount. What I do know (and that's interesting) is the fact that the NSW Goverment inject more money into the scheme.

Like...ALOT!

So it might go to prove that the NSW know tourism when they see it...

Rosso.

Fitzy
26-02-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi Rosso,
Actually if you look at numbers of fish stocked in Qld compared to NSW you will se Qld is far far in front in both numbers & species variability.
The SIP in Qld is a user/pays system, where the amount of money that comes back to the fishery is the dependant upon the participation rate. All monies, after admin costs, goes directly back to the participating lakes.
Qld Fisheries service also spend approximately $165000/annum on fish stocking waters other than SIP lakes.
However the main thrust (& the real reason for Qld's great success) is the community based fish stocking assn's who, over the past decade & a half have been busting their buns raising funds & stocking fish for everyone to enjoy.

Hope that helps,

Fitzy..