PDA

View Full Version : NSW fish stocking???

fishy_phil
10-04-2004, 04:55 PM
gday
can anybody tell me where i can find out where the stocking records for all NSW waters for both the natve and introduced fish...ive been looking on the NSW fisheries website but have been unable to find out where they are...
cheers
phil

Peter_J
14-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Phil,

Stocking records are normally contained in the application brochure from NSW Fisheries for $ for $ applications. I got a spare copy. Not sure where these records are kept on the Fisheries website but they should be there somewhere ???

PJ

Peter_J
14-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Phil,

Just had a quick squiz at the Fisheries website. Try the following

http://www.fisheries.nsw.gov.au/rec/inland/fish-stocking/fs-dollar.htm

PJ

charexblue
22-07-2004, 03:37 PM
did u have any luck ????
nthern nsw fish clubs do a lot of restocking.
maybe quries to them.
from CJP Yabbies [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

fishy_phil
20-08-2004, 04:31 PM
thanks fellas for the info i looked on the fisheries website but had no luck in what i was after. i was looking for all previous years stockings into the new england impoundments... going back about 10-15 years.
but thanks anyway.
cheers
phil

nsw_drifter
03-06-2005, 02:57 PM
Fishy Phil,

Stocking records have been published - the search engine on the fisheries site may not be too flash. Information up till a couple of years ago is contained in the Environmental Impact Statement on Freshwater fish stocking in NSW (2003).

This is (in my opinion) a pretty comprehensive document - also hefty - 3 books in all. You want volume 3 which has stocking records in it. Divided by catchments gives species, when stocked , stocking organisation - location is a bit vague ie between this town and that town or in this creek. Probably as stocking groups haven't always had to provide that much detail in the past.

Anyway if you can still get one its $25 on paper or CD. Think it is meant to be viewable at fisheries offices and some other places like councils. May be on the website but you'd want some patience and time - its big.

good luck