PDA

View Full Version : Fish stocking donations

Canoedle
31-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I was just wondering who I could contact to make a donation towards stocking bass in SE Qld Impoundments. As it seems that less and less of our permit money may be going towards keeping fish in the dams I would like to donate a small amount every year to someone who is able to guarantee that at least the majority of my money is going to replacing the few bass that I take to eat each year. I am only a student and so have very limited funds anyway, but I would certainly feel better about taking a few fish ocasionally if I was donating directly to the stockers.
Hope I can help.
Cheers,
Karl.

RayB
03-02-2006, 02:38 PM
same here!

Raymond

meoldchina
03-02-2006, 08:27 PM
If you fish the North Pine Dam (Lake Samsonvale) from the bank then I'm sure the Pine Rivers Fish Management Association would be pleased to receive a donation at;

The Secretary
PRFMA
PO Box 131
Lawnton, Qld, 4501

see: http://prfma.tripod.com

North Pine Dam is not part of the SIP scheme and the PRFMA funds the stocking of the Lake mostly through funds raised by their boating access scheme (which is temporarily suspended because of the low water levels at the launch site).

Anglers fishing from the bank however do not need a permit and if anyone wanted to contribute to putting a few fish back I reckon that would be a great idea (I personally fish the bank and do donate even though I keep very few fish).

If you fish Somerset or Wivenhoe, then, a donation to;

The Secretary
Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Association
PO Box 541
Ipswich, Qld, 4305

would get your money directly to the stocking association (I also have donated directly to the SWFSA even though I purchase an annual SIP).

Regards,

Canoedle
07-02-2006, 04:02 PM
Cheers ;)