PDA

View Full Version : Trailcraft boats

born4fun
06-08-2002, 06:04 PM
Just after some info about these trailcraft boats in about the 5m profish range. They look decent but any info both good or bad would be appreciated.

Cheers
born4fun.

Heath
06-08-2002, 06:52 PM
I've climbed around a couple at a dealer up here in QLD. They are very nice boats, professional finish & some good storage ideas.

team_mongo
07-08-2002, 12:53 PM
Nice boats, had a look at one at the boat show. Lots of space up front and a good roomy layout. Has stepthru transom and boarding ladder. Sealed hull, positive bouyancy, plate hull and plenty of gunwale height - all ingredients of a safe boat.

There are a couple of reviews out there. On online www.fishingmonthly.com.au .
Go to the archives section, and you'll find a review by Gary Howard. There is also a good review in April 2002 QFM by Garry Smith.

They seem like well built boats, but the QFM review was a bit negative about quality of finish, but otherwise gave it a good review. Finish didnt look too bad to my eye, but Im not a boat reviewer...

Cheers

George

Flynny
07-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Don't know a lot about them, I here the quality is good,well built and they work.
Flynny

team_mongo
09-08-2002, 04:41 PM
PS there is another review on a trailcraft 5.8 on www.bointpoint.com. Its from trailer boat magazine.

cheers

George

born4fun
11-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the replies, the finish looks alright to me too but as stated i'm no boat reviewer. I'll wait for the boat shows in Townsvile and Cairns in September to see what sort of deal i can get.

Cheers

:) :).