PDA

View Full Version : humminbird legend

jonesy
15-08-2002, 09:17 PM
anyone seen,touched,using or haveing there evil way ;Dwith one of these depth sounders .
i would love to know how good they are in the real world,(not used in display mode) are the 8/16 gray levels useful or gimick.
I am looking to purchase a new sounder soon ,should get to see a couple at the boat show& compare features.

any info on these or compareable sounders gratefully receved.

jonesy

Flynny
16-08-2002, 07:47 AM
:) :) :) :)G'day Jonesy
I have got a Legend 3000 and would not swap it for any sounder I have ever used.Real easy to use,great detail,and I don't reckon that the old stigma about running on auto applies to this unit,the real time sonar tells you immediately if you need to have a closer look.Knobs are great,much better than buttons.
I have not used an x15 but I would expect it to be good,and ,at the price
it should be.
Cheers Flynny

Fitzy
16-08-2002, 04:46 PM
Gotta back Flynny up on this. I saw one of the first Zercoms LPG 2000 to hit our shores & had to have one! (Same unit is now called Legend 3005) Went straight & got one for my (then) new boat.
The easy of use is absolutely great, not hitting buttons all day to keep it at optimal performance. Knobs with infinate variation are great compared to buttons that beep & blurp @ every touch.
320 vertical pixels, 16 shades of grey, RTS window, one touch split screen zoom, 8 levels of White (grey) Line, fast scroll rate for fine definition. I'm more than happy with mine & don't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

BTW- I am in no was affiliated with Humminbird or BLA.

Flynny
16-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Hi Fitzy,
I sell legends but believe me I tell it like it is!
I don't support products that I can't use with confidence,I too am not aligned with anybody.
I use one,Motty sold me on them as I suspect he did with you.They are as good as it gets around the dough.
Flynny

Fitzy
16-08-2002, 06:14 PM
HI Flynny,
Actually mate, it was me who told Motty about them. He then went for a spin in Harros old Hornet for a looksie & made the change-over soon after. #;D

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Flynny
16-08-2002, 06:48 PM
Always knew motty was full of it
Flynny

tonyp
16-08-2002, 07:30 PM
Fitzy & Flinny ,
Don't you two let the truth get in the way of a good fishing story will ya.

Signed the one armed fisherman. http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm20.gif

Flynny
16-08-2002, 07:38 PM
What happened to the other one Tone?
Flynny
I hope you bring yor own bourbon to the Megabucks,a bit of real coke wouldn't go astray either.
p.f

jonesy
16-08-2002, 09:34 PM
thanks for the prompt reply fellas :)
this sounder looked the goods when i had a fiddle with it.
i can't remmber what the differenc was between the 3005&2005 except for more pixels on the 3005 320verticle if memory serves & 500 pacific peso's...and something to do with dual cones operating at the same time for picture clarity/target seperation,,,or iam on the wrong track..
anyway sounds the goods will track one down for my new boat .

regards
jonesy

Flynny
17-08-2002, 06:40 PM
Hi Jonesy
Think they are the same set renamed!
My first LPG 2000 was the same as my
Humminbird 3005,somewhere in the middle they were called TeleflexXXXX
end of the day we are talking the same good set.
Flynny

krazyfisher
17-08-2002, 06:51 PM
I got one of these legends before they came out in australia got it from the states. It was the best thing that I have ever seen for about 2 months untill it stopped working had to send it back to the U.S. they said as they are new I did not have to find my reciept which I had lost just pay postage to them once they get it with in 2 days they would be sending it back and they would pay the postage I was very impressed by there service so far.Anyhow a very impressive sounder got the 2000 but I think if I had my time again I would get the 3000 bigger screen higher pix count.

Flynny
17-08-2002, 07:40 PM
Can't beat that Krazyfisher
Cheers Flynny

krazyfisher
18-08-2002, 08:46 AM
hey flynny
that right you can not beat there service the following is from my emails to them I emailed them yesterday to see what was happening.
*Model: legend 2000
> > > I bought this from the U.S. about a month ago and no longer have the
> > > reciept and it has stopped working.
* Dear Sir:
> >
> > We are sorry but units purchase in the US must be returned to us for
> > service.
> > We will be glad to service your unit for you at no charge here at the
> > factory
> > if you would like to send it to us.
*Dear Sir:
>
> We will service it at no charge under warranty without the receipt. We know
> that all of these units are under warranty. You will only need to pay the
> shipping to us.
*The unit was mailed back to you on 08/14/02. Best Regards, Daphne
Customer Resources

I sent this to them on the 1/8/02 how quick is that. If only all people where this good to deal with.

Flynny
24-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Hear Hear Krazyfisher
Flynny

krazyfisher
25-08-2002, 12:38 PM
its back and in the boat got it last tue send me a new unit and transducer love it would recommend it to anyone