PDA

View Full Version : swift craft

spinna
18-09-2002, 05:17 PM
hi all
i need some info on a swift craft dominator 5.56mtre with a 130 merc on the back is the motor big enough and how do they handle big seas. The motor has 20 hours up. The boat seems to be in good nick the trailor is very good he is asking 13000. is that a good price it has all the gear to go with it as in live bait tank/GPS/ all the safty gear.

cheers spinna :D ;) ;D

Lucky_Phill
19-09-2002, 01:14 PM
Good idea to put up this post, spinna. Have you looked in Trade-a-Boat mag, The Personnal Trading Post. Boatpoint.com.au. and all other avenues ?

Spending that kind of Gold on a second hand rig, is slightly risky. But, if you've done your homework, you should be fine. I'd like to know the reason someone is selling a motor on the boat that is only 20
hours old ?

As I said to you the other night. Price the individual items.

Trailer second hand is worth xxxx, Boat hull second hand is worth xxxx and the motor second hand is worth xxx, and I suppose you could add a couple of dollars for the electrics.

Another thing is to give an insurance company a ring to find out how much the " Market Value " is on your rig !

Hope you get some more replies soon.

webby
19-09-2002, 01:55 PM
Hi Spinna, dont no much abt swiftcraft, but a rig that size 18ft+ is quite sufficient for offshore work, as long as she got a good bow,deep sides and deeprise 19+ she should handle anything from 15kts below, power wise is ample as you need that little xtra grunt on occassion, if trouble does arise. Depending on fuel capacity she carries. New motors of that size your looking at 10+. So the rest is fairly cheap. See if you can get an apprisal of her from your insurance.
I have a old 18 half cab with 130 yammie and as long as wx okay offshore she handles it well.See if you can take her for a test run in some good chop you'll soon find out her capabilities.
regards

spinna
20-09-2002, 03:54 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I know its a lot of money but it is a good boat i have spoken to the dealer that sold him the from new and also sold him the motor. i know him well and he said its worth the money . once again thank you .

cheers spinna :D ;) :)

brat
22-09-2002, 09:19 PM
hey spinna. i had a swiftie for a few years an explorer same hull as the dominator but it was a half cabin. i had a 140 stern drive and it had ample power. they were a good sea boat. mine saw some rough seas and never let me down $13000 is a fair price for one.

spinna
26-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Thanks for your input brat.
It is a nice boat and it is on a very good trailer that is one thing i do know about and thats steel and trailers as i have built a few in my day. Im going to take her out for a spin next week i just hope there is a bit of swell about.

cheers spinna ;) :)

yockman
27-09-2002, 01:08 PM
Hello Spinna,
As mentioned above, the swiftcrafts are solid, older style boats. For a while in the early 70's, the dominators were the the hull of choice for ab divers. Shallow V, hard riding but stable. 130hp will be plenty.
Good luck,
Yockman