PDA

View Full Version : Navionics/Humminbird innacurate

Gbanger
03-11-2005, 04:32 PM
I have a Humminbird matrix 67 sounder/gps

one thing i noticed is that the gps and map are fairly innacurate..

The gps unit regularly says im on land when im about 50metres from shore... (zoomed right in)

Is there a way to recalibrate or are the navionics maps just not that flash?

Black_Rat
07-11-2005, 10:20 AM
That's a worry G #:( is the map and reciever set to WSG88 (OR IS IT 84?) it may be that the map is set at WSG88 and the reciever something else :-/ other then that ask the guys who sold you the boat they might be able to help ??

Untill it's fixed or you find out what the problem is I wouldn't go flying around the Pin at night #:o

Gbanger
07-11-2005, 11:06 AM
thankfully enough i can still see everything at night, and can sort of offset it in my head so i know where im going...

will get them to check it out at the 10 hour service... have tried playing with all the settings as far as i can see..

frankj
07-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi Gbanger

I've got an Eagle sea charter 480 DF with Navionics gold chart and I too have a little problem with innacuracy. Firstly with your GPS you will have a position error (EPE - estimated position error) of maybe 18-20 mts, so factor this in. Having said that, I always seem to experience an offset, where the Nav beacons in the broadwater alweays seem to be about 20 mts displaced according to the navionics chart. Most of the banks and Islands seem to be fairly good. I spoke to Navionics about this and they said the broadwater data was a bit iffy. The inference was that there may be a lot more detail coming in the near future. I was told " The chart you have does not have much detail around the Broadwater and Nerang River, Sanctuary Cove, Coomera etc. That is all coming. There are some issues with marks and buoys moved randomly by the Harbormaster and not reported to any higher Authority. That makes it hard for us to keep the charts up to date."

Not sure if thats any help.

If you continue having problems send me a PM maybe we can meet on the water and compare results.

Cheers
Frank