PDA

View Full Version : What about the Quicksilver Lightning?

Fish-head
05-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey gang, me again and no, I still haven't brought a Signature 540F.
I still haven't decided. In fact, I'm even more confused than ever.
Checked out the 'Seafarer' and quite like.
I have had a look at the "Quicksilver - Lightning". It looks really good but I cannot find a word written about them anywhere on the internet (except their website and some dealers. Let's be honest, they're not likely to admit to being a load of rubbish if indeed they are a load of rubbish, now are they)?
So once again, does anyone have any thing to say about the Quicksilver Lightning? Good or bad.

I am going to check out the boatshow in Melbourne next month anyway and have decided to wait until then before I 'splash out' (if you'd excuse the pun).

Cheers

IcemanII
05-06-2006, 10:17 PM
Have the Warrior stern drive, could only rave about it. Made by Fi-Glass who have been building boats since 1957. I brought from North coast marine, they had a good range in there yard last time I was up there.

let me know if after more info .........

Fish-head
07-06-2006, 07:49 PM
The Warrior looks awesome but a little too big and expensive for my needs.
The Lightning at a glance looks pretty similar, just smaller.
How would you say it compares to other boats in it's range.
Is the Warrior stable offshore like for example the Haines Signature or Hunter and does it offer a smooth ride that compares?
I guess what i'm saying is how good is the hull?

Thanks for your response.

IcemanII
08-06-2006, 12:54 AM
I brought it last Xmas, Brother inlaw staying with us and he had also been looking for a similar size boat but was set on getting a Yamaha 4/150, as it happened he found a deal with that engine on a sea legend 610 that had been an unwanted prize, We spent a few days in the bay with both boats and couldn't find even a minor difference in there capabilities on the water, actually think the only difference was he had to pay for extra seats and it had cable steering that was very heavy.
Can't compare to a haines as its a long time since ive been in one, I run out to tempest etc by myself and it feels quite safe, cruise accross the bay at 35kts and its a comfortable ride. Very dry hull although have had 1 wave come up the windscreen. Would suggest asking dealer for a test ride.....

Cheers Mark

Fish-head
13-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks Mark, will take your advice and test drive.