PDA

View Full Version : how we yanks do it

bosshawg187
02-06-2003, 01:26 AM
[smiley=glasses2.gif]8-1/2 lb (3.86 kgs) largemouth bass caught in southeastern united states on 12 lb berkley XT , shimano curado super free baitcaster, and a berkley bionics 6 foot rod. You Aussies sure do have some pretty nice fish. Tell me what you think of this one.

bosshawg187 # # #tuscaloosa, alabama, united states [smiley=glasses2.gif] [smiley=glasses2.gif]

Brett_Finger
02-06-2003, 02:13 AM
Brett,
nice loking fish mate, in some nice looking country!!
would love to get over for a fish next year,am working on it with a couple of mates.
Hookin,Brett ;D

Slates
05-06-2003, 06:38 AM
Great pic BH!

I caught a large mouth of about 2 lb/800g on a surface paddler from lake Scugog in Canada way back in '97.
Great fish!

Cheers, NS

bosshawg187
06-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Brett finger you need to get to southern usa on your next vacation. And bring your mates.
i'm gonna send you a few links, these are both located in southeastern usa (west-central alabama). Phenominal bass fishing. I recommend staying in a hotel as opposed to the lodges (look at their rates) but you may wanna get the whole experience.

#http://www.dream-lake.com/index.asp?page=lodge&subpage=location

http://www.leavellwood.com # # #(ps: one of my buddies is a guide at this one, so if you choose this one, i can guarantee you a good trip with a very nice young man, hit name is matt)
Or ..........if you buy me and my brother each a G-Loomis rod and a Calcutta200, we will take you to our #8)secret 8) fishin' hole #;D #hahahaha

good fishing fellas!

everyone is welcome to join my yahoo group, i posted some of the pics i found here just to show my friends what you guys overseas are reeling in. feel free to join and upload upload upload. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wet_a_hook/

bosshawg

Brett_Finger
09-06-2003, 03:49 AM
BH,
thanks for all the info mate,i have an aunty down alabama way with a ranch that has some big rive in the guts of it,i'll be starting there.. as for the Loomis,
i ask Gary to send u one.. HAHAHAHAHAHA not!!! ;D ;D ;D
have a good one mate!
Hookin,Brett ;)

bosshawg187
10-06-2003, 10:01 PM
what part of alabama?
we live in tuscaloosa county (west-central alabama) tell me what area your aunt lives and i will send you some info on her area. some of the best fishing in alabama is on government owned land and it is free to fish (maybe $1 or $2 to launch a boat). we fish in green county (west edge of alabama) on the tombigbee river (huck finn). actually we have a little fish camp in a place called forkland, that sits right on the tombigbee. nice to know someone in australia has an aunt in our beautiful state. if you've visited during Nov. to Feb. i'm sure you've killed a few whitetail. we have some great deer hunting in alabama.

bosshawg(keith)

Brett_Finger
20-06-2003, 04:12 AM
Mate,
sound great!! i have only ever taken deer with the Bow,but am not to worried about what i use (love eating the buggers) i'll talk to my mum and find about just where the aunt is,hows the Pig Hunting over mate? i chase pigs a few days a week over here useing dogs and Guns.
Hookin,Brett