PDA

View Full Version : Teemburra Barra

aussiebasser
08-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Here's one I got a few weeks ago, (my first Red eyed, bucket mouthed leaping Bass,) 73cm. Thanks for the tips Darren.

TimNQ
09-11-2003, 01:08 PM
They are good fun eh. I caught my first a few weeks ago, it was 70 cm long but fought like a dog. Took about five minutes of dodging pilons before hed had enough. Been hooking up to some much bigger ones aswell sinse then. How did you catch that one? Lure or live bait?
Tim

aussiebasser
10-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Got him on a Morrie Kneebone flathead lure, on a Loomis Crankbait 903, 14lb Fireline, Abu 2500C and a Barra class Knotted Dog leader.

big_george
10-11-2003, 07:42 PM
Hi dale.
Awoonga,teemburra and faust.is there any fish out in the water thats safe. ;D
What next your own fishing show ;D
cheers george.
PS.camera man as well. :-X

DRJ
11-11-2003, 05:25 AM
Just glad to see you got one in the end Dale. We grow them red eyed, bucket mouthed, leaping bass a little bigger than your variety. For every one else you shoud have heard the hoot'n and seen the grin (we had more light on the water than anyone else he was glowing that much).

Dale is a little too modest to tell of his first sooty not long after - go on Dale you can tell 'em how those black, fat pounding bass things go.

Now what did happen to that loomis?????

Darren

aussiebasser
13-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Can't for the life of me figure out why they call them Sooty Grunter, but those little indigenous fat bellied bass go like hell.
Same rod, reel and lure.
Fortunately, the broken Loomis 665 belonged to my brother. That'll learn him for lending me something!!