PDA

View Full Version : Eungella trip

staggy
12-12-2003, 12:46 AM
We spent 3 days at Eungella chasing sooty's before heading to Teemburra.. Had to work hard for them but ended up with 30 fish for our efforts. Bj had never fished for sooty's before and even after I warned him about the pulling power these fish he was not prepared for the shear grunt his first fish of the trip had. It was all over in 2 seconds, sooty's one, BJ nill.
Here is a pic of 50cm model that didn't manage to get back home and claim my lure.

Staggy.

DRJ
12-12-2003, 05:42 AM
Hey mate, visit a hairdresser will ya - they can instruct you in the use of a comb.

Nice fish you (no rude words so I can't finish my sentence). It appears your now one in front of me. Looks like a sneaky trip to Eungella for Xmas.

I'd give you 10 for the fish but due to the mug holding it I can only give it a 6 for the photo.

Darren

staggy
12-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Is this any better with me hat on

staggy

Neil_c
13-12-2003, 03:27 AM
Darren is just jealous coz you have something to run a comb through ;D ;D

I am heading up to Eungella tonight and i was going to try some rubbertails, were they working for you???

Neil :)

staggy
13-12-2003, 07:31 AM
Hi Neil,
Yep we only used soft plastics. Green/white seemed to get the most attention but we did get a couple on red/gold.

They were deep so we had to let the lure sink a fair way down. Plenty of time spent using the tackelback.

This is a pic of Bj with the plastic still in. Hope ya get a few. Make sure you get a couple of half meter ones so you can show Darren the pics.

Staggy

Neil_c
13-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanx Staggy

It's the snagging up all the time that I find frustrating >:( but if it catches fish I'll keep the tackleback handy :)

Fitzy
13-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Nice fish Staggy!

DRJ
16-12-2003, 05:24 AM
Glad I was away for a few days and didn't have to put up with the comments as they were being written.

Yes Staggy much better with the hat on.

Neil - at least I can grow mine, don't you have a drought stricken area on top there somewhere - or are you going for the comb over nowdays.

Now I have written this I am sure Neils going to show me a pic of another half meter sooty.

Darren

Neil_c
16-12-2003, 03:21 PM
The ponytail rules ;D

As surprising as it is I didn't get a half metre Sooty this time only a tiddler of 47cm :'(

But my mates Dad caught his first :D