PDA

View Full Version : Teemburra barra

staggy
12-12-2003, 12:33 AM
The young fella told me if he didn't catch a barra next trip out to Teemburra I would have to find another decky. So the pressure was on and I had to put him onto a fish. He was not impressed when our visiting fisho friend nailed a nice size fish moments before I hooked up. Two fish in and he was starting to wonder if he chose the right lure. Then a YEEE HARRR flew out of him and he was on. Looks like he's good for another trip or two out to Teemburra. His next fish was never going to be stoped. As the braid screamed off his reel he looked at me and said "dad I think we'v seen the last of that lure". Sure enough through the trees she went and the line parted with a crack. Still put a smile on his face. We spent 4 days morning/arvo sessions and ended up with 25 barra landed, 7 lures donated to the local bullies and dropping 5 other fish from jump offs.

Staggy

DRJ
12-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Good on ya Brian. Keep Dad company a few more times and I am sure you will have lots more smiles on ya dial.

Darren

staggy
12-12-2003, 10:43 AM
Another barra (with my hat on).

staggy
12-12-2003, 10:54 AM
I had better not forget Keiths barra. This is the fish you seen him catch Darren.

Staggy

staggy
12-12-2003, 10:57 AM
Oh what the heck heres one of BJ as well.

DRJ
16-12-2003, 05:19 AM
Good on ya Keith. Only saw the fish from a distance when you got it but I know where it came from and you did well to get it.
Darren

bugman
17-12-2003, 08:24 AM
Staggy,

Mate, never fished Teemburra but I always thought you need water to catch Barra - judging by some of your photos they must swing from the trees. ;)

Nice pics

Bugman

craigie
20-12-2003, 02:29 PM
They must be 'Drop-Barras' and falling out of the sticks ??

Top report Staggy, sounds like you guy's had great fishing for the few days spent there.
Have to agree with Bugman, your pic's are just perfect. What length were the fish ??

Cheers
Craigie.

DRJ
23-12-2003, 04:47 AM
I can tell you that in order to get to the some of the fish the guys needed to be tarzans and swing from tree to tree. The real interesting stuff started when they hooked up - then they needed to be a grade one knitter.

Darren

staggy
23-12-2003, 05:12 PM
G-day Craigie, Darren will kick my butt for this but we never measured any of the fish as we were in to much of a hurry to get back in on the action ;D. My new years resalution is to measure all the fish Darren ;).
I did however measure Brians fish in the attached pic it went 68cm. Double hook up on the same snag Sunday morning just past. Also go a fat little sooty of the same peice of timber. Only there for an hour before my youngest boy felt crook and we headed home.

Staggy