PDA

View Full Version : Sooties Galore

Manson
11-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Now is the time for Sooties, was up the dam this morning ended up with nine this size :)

Neil_c
11-01-2004, 11:49 AM
As Monty would say "exxcccallent"

We're heading up to Eungella on Wednesday for some Sooty action :)

Neil :)

Manson
13-01-2004, 01:07 PM
Good luck on Wednesday, the rain on Suday should have pout a bit off water in the dam (I hope). I love the little buggers, pull like a demon and never say die attitude.

Neil_c
18-01-2004, 03:24 AM
Well we got some rain and the wind blew apart tarps and tents but apart from that we had a ripper of a time. It was the beat trip to Eungella I've had.

Over three days DRJ and I landed 95 Sooties and one Spangled Perch. The smallest Sooty was 190mm and the best went 500mm. We got them on rattlers, poppers, minnows and flys. Casting to the timber and trolling worked well.

Not a lot of runoff into the dam yet, but here's hoping.

Neil_c
18-01-2004, 03:28 AM
best of trip at 500mm

big_george
18-01-2004, 06:39 AM
Hi Neil
Sounds like you had a fat time. ;D
Reads like a Aussie one day cricket score,whoops.May be a Kiwi score ;D
Any luck with the green koolabung. ???
cheers george.

Neil_c
18-01-2004, 10:29 AM
They let me down :'( :'( but they'll bounce back, they just gotta ;D

The calm water behind Darren was the ONLY calm water we saw for three days. We just got off the water to come home when all hell broke loose. We're down one more tarp (new) and a tent :( I suppose I should get used to it hey :)

DRJ
18-01-2004, 03:53 PM
I can tell you Big George that the koolabung got a pasting. Neil eventually resorted to raiding my tackle box for a rattler and a fat rap imatation in an attempt to catch up. The fat raps on the troll in shallow water near rocky structure were sensational, in fact I think I put about 12 on board before Neil gave up on the koolabung - got to give him credit for staying faithful for that long.

Darren

Neil_c
18-01-2004, 05:21 PM
It looked like you were going to hold out longer before letting me borrow that lure, maybe I should have picked up the oar sooner ;D ;D

big_george
19-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Sounds like swano.he went through my tackle box at prossy.I landed a jack on a flu/orange livebait.he got one out of my box when i was one up.he proceeded to land barra and jack.7 to 1[bugger].next i lost my lure of the same colour.Delved in to my tackle box.No Koolabung in orange.Found it two days latter in with his digital camera.Not sure how it opened the tackle box,then air/water tight lid of a floor hatch.???
Neil if i was 2 behind ,i'd grab what dj was using.Oar/paddle.What about a gaff.Amasing how fish respond to lures and colour on differant days. :o
cheers george.

Neil_c
19-01-2004, 10:13 AM
It was red one day then green the next, same area of the dam too. Go figure ???