PDA

View Full Version : Brisso Riva last night

Fitzy
03-02-2004, 07:45 PM
Went with Randall for another hit at the local crik (Upper Brisbane River) only 10 mins from home. Couldnt pull any bass this trip only a fork tailed catfish. Moonlight on the water is never one of my favoured times for bass but we get out there when we can hey? These guys go pretty good for their size/weight. This one tail walked for a meter on the strike. Good fun on surface lures.
http://www.ausfish.com.au/fitzy/gallery/images/96.jpg

swano
08-02-2004, 09:23 AM
randal
you look like you just played bjorn borg at wimbeldon

big_george
08-02-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey randy.
Night shift at the coalary rubberman. ;D
Now i know why they call you tail light.
Not bright enough to be a head light. :-X.
cheers george. ;)

PS..[pliers} MMMMMMM:-X

Fitzy
08-02-2004, 02:02 PM
I did try to get him to thumb grip it, but he insisted on the pliers.
They go no teeth to speak of, just a crusher plate similar to a cod.
My fault I spose. I wanted to take the pic, he wanted a boatside release.

Hey those el cheepo headlamps are pretty good. I've got a top of the line Petzyl & the one Randalls got on work better for night bass work. It's an LED type & isnt too bright to spook the fish but bright enough to show you the trees, snags etc. Can leave it on the whole time. The U beaut one of mine with the halogen bulb is too bright IMHO. I'm changing over the cheepie for this sorta work. Also cause Randall shouted me one of the cheepies! ;) Cool!!

Fitz..

Gorilla_in_Manila
08-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Being LED should save a shit load on batteries also; know anything about the battery usage Fitzy?
Cheers
Jeff

big_george
08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
To My bestest mate Randall.
How can i get one of thoes great lights mate. :o
Might have to do a deal with a ultra-3000 #.MMMMMM.
How would the light preform on quokers??or would it be more suited to quilbies ??? :-X
cheers.BG. ;)

Randall
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Only just saw this post. Catties on the surface? One of Fitzy and my best kept secrets!! They are pretty good on the strike. We have been popperin for Bass quite often of late and every now an then you get a catty.

Swano....felt like I went a few rounds with Costa Zu that night mate. ;D

Big George....as usuall mate, get stuffed!!! ;D ;D OK then, I`ll get you one of those headlamps and post it down when I get back from another Big Barra Bash at Wonga. There tops!!

Randall.

Fitzy
08-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Being LED should save a shit load on batteries also; know anything about the battery usage Fitzy?
Cheers
Jeff
Hey Jeff,
I think Randall said you get about 24 hours out of 2 x AAA batteries. Not bad if correct. I used one the other night for a few hours & it was still going hard.

fitz

Gorilla_in_Manila
09-02-2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks Fitzy,
I might have a look around up here and see if I can find them, otherwise later in the year back in aus. Hopefully they will be strong enough or can be focused to give some depth perception when hopping around rocks. I like the idea of a softer light that you can leave on most the time so you aren't going from daylight to dark each time you switch on and off. Hopefully it has a number of separate leds as well, so there won't be the worry of a blown bulb.
Sounds like a top bit of kit.
Cheers,
Jeff

big_george
09-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Randall.
Just a gee up :o
Would rather have your catfish pliers than a light:-X
Out of interest.How much do the lamps sell for. ???
BG. ;)

Fitzy
10-02-2004, 03:16 PM
Randall.
Just a gee up #:o
Would rather have your #catfish pliers #than a light:-X
Out of interest.How much do the lamps sell for. ???
BG. ;)
Think he said 20 something spondoolies Biggun.

fitz