PDA

View Full Version : Big W Bass and Bellies.

Randall
27-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Bomber and I went out to Wivenhoe today and had a blast...well over 25 fish, (lost count). Have attached a few fish of merrit.

RG

#1....Bombers PB bass...53cm.

Randall
27-04-2004, 03:09 PM
My PB Belly....52cm.

Check out the albino colouration...what a hooter.

RG.

BTW....we trialled Big Georges custom 1-3 kg spinsticks..bomber used 4lb fireline, I used 8 lb . Top little spinsticks.

big_george
27-04-2004, 04:52 PM
Great fish guy,s.
what sorta depth are you pulling them from.
if it,s deep, that may be why the yella,s paler.
BG ;) ;)

Randall
28-04-2004, 03:50 AM
The Ferral Cats we used George dived to approx 22ft using 4-8lb braid. The fish were consistantly sitting in about 25-30ft but were happy to come up and chase the lures.

RG.

Quinny69
28-04-2004, 08:45 AM
Good stuff, Randall/Bomber. It must mean winters coming around the corner if BigW is fishable...Cant wait to get out on the dams(Samsonvale/McDonalds) this winter. Love those quiet morns drifting around in the mist.........MQ

Randall
28-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Quinny....know exactly what you mean mate...but you cant beat a metery in the sticks!! ;)

Randall.

Sniper
29-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Randall,
Didn't know that you could have a combution engine on your boat in Big W. I gather as long as you don't fire her up its ok. What are the regs with combustion engines being on your boat but no fuel on board?
Cheers
Bill [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif] [smiley=rifle.gif]
P.S. Great looking Bass. Would love to get onto a few like that myself

Randall
29-04-2004, 12:01 PM
Bill....so long as you dont run em its OK. I like to have mine tilted in for the rudder aspect.

Randall.

Fitzy
29-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Alot of folks leave their bow mount motors running straight & steer by the outboard. With the outboard up out of the water alot of boats handle like crap.
I've also got EM44 cav plate mount electric so I need to have the donk in the water to use it.
They dont mind you leaving the OB on there. Sail boats are allowed to use them for when the wind drops out. I'm thinking if putting a small sail on my tinny & fly around at 25knots (using outboard) claiming there aint enough wind.
We got passed by a sailboat without any sails on Sunday, he had the auxiliary fired up & was crusing along nicely.

We (stocking group members) are allowed to fire up the outboards for fish releases.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

Sniper
01-05-2004, 05:05 PM
So why is it that we anglers cannot run outboards in Big W? Do they claim it contaminates the drinking water qualities? If so then why do they allow them on Somerset which flows into Big W? Or are there other reeasons behind the rule?
Bill

Fitzy
03-05-2004, 12:57 PM
Bill they've come up with more excuses than I can remember. From waves colapsing the banks, pollution, scaring the birds, making noise that might disturb our esteemed Ex Governor General at his retirement estate, spooking some cooky farmers cattle, making waves that night upset sailboaters (who can use thier motors BTW).

It's all a great load of bull.

Why dont you give SEQWCorp a call & see what their latest excuse is.

Fitzy..

Randall
05-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Here`s the best one I`ve heard..... If there was to be an explosion on board a petrol powered boat, fuel/oil and other contaminants would affect the ecosystem.

Of course thats right....but local contamination only. Its not as if its gunna pollute the whole shootin match.

Bugger me, if we worried about all the possible scenarios that were possible with boating, we would`nt leave home!!!