PDA

View Full Version : Eungella again

staggy
31-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Not to be out done by her brothers Kate asked to be taken fishing with out them. The result for an hour and a half on the water this morning was 10 sootys in the boat. Apparently she caught most of them, well thats what she's tellin the boys. The fish in the pic was her best. I can not beleive how strong 8lb Fire line is. We had to do some serious untangeling of line when the fish wrapped her around eleven thousand finger thick tree branches. Water temp(surface) was 18deg, felt colder when I had to go swimming for the boat after it washed off the bank while i was getting some gear ready. Maybee I should have used the anchore hey fitzy.

Staggy

Fitzy
31-05-2004, 09:41 PM
Looks cold there alright! Would have been a shock to the back wheels diving in for the boat. :-X

Just got back from Blackwater (9 1/2 hour drive with stops & roadworks) , was about 2 degrees there this morning! Thought I was still in Ippy. Was good to meet Darrren there.

Good on ya for getting the kids out there mate. Better than playing nintendo & that.... Do you find they get bored easily if the fish arent on?

Fitzy..

big_george
01-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Nice fish.My boy(william) hates it when his younger sister out fish'e him.
What wer eyour best lures.??
regards george.

staggy
01-06-2004, 08:32 AM
Yes Fitzy the two younger ones give up if the fish are not too active. They would sooner go swimming or exploring, pokin sticks in the camp fire ect... Brian on the other hand has more patience and will stick it out with me. I keep the twins interested by letting them control the minn kota. Failing that chips and red cordial works a treat.

George, the best lure for us seems to be the little lucifer in black/silver and blue/silver pre dawn up to half an hour after the sun hit the water then we switch to soft plastics when the fish move deeper.

Staggy

el_carpo
02-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Well done Kate! Outfished the boys eh? My sister loves doing that to us too! ;D I told her about this picture and she laughed and said, "Of course she outfished the boys, she's a girl, we're better at everything!" ;D

Good going Staggy! Nothing's better for kids than to get them out on the water fishing!