PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Brown Trout

AaronF
13-06-2004, 01:37 AM
First decent one on a dry fly. #(Black elk hair caddis #20). #Caught on the Grand River in Ontario, Canada on a #4 weight rod which was great fun.

AaronF
13-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Netting the fiesty little bugger. It's a catch and release river only so there are some monsters in there. A solid 26" was cruising around the same day just taunting us.

el_carpo
13-06-2004, 10:15 AM
Those are very neat pictures AaronF. #Looks like a lot of fun, fly-fishing for trout in a river. #You sure are a lucky man! #You go from one great fishery (Australia) to another (Canada). #Doesn't get any better than that! #Great catch! #A good, healthy brown trout. #Did you see the one posted in the "Tongariro Brown" thread on this site? #That was another great fish. #Anyway, thanks for posting the pics and nice fish!

E.C.

Neil_c
13-06-2004, 02:51 PM
From little things do big things grow :D It doesn't matter what size they are they're still great fish too look at :) I haven't got a Trout on dry fly yet, one day maybe.

Neil :)

AaronF
14-06-2004, 07:36 AM
el-carpo - Yes I saw the NZ photos a while ago. Pretty good fish (read better than mine). It's pretty easy to get hooked on this fly thing. I was out yesterday chasing a few but only managed 6 little newly stocked fish around 7-9" which are still fun but come to you pretty quickly.

el_carpo
14-06-2004, 09:44 AM
I believe you about it being easy to get hooked on fly fishing. I have tried it a few times myself. We don't have any trout streams or rivers in Illinois so I'm restricted to panfish and bass. I've only fished lakes as well. No rivers as of yet. I think it may be the year I give fly fishing a river a try. I might just get a smallmouth to give a crayfish-looking fly a whak. That would be a fun fight! You and Neil have inspired me to give it a shot. If I catch any, I'll post up the pics! :)

wj123456
18-06-2004, 10:32 PM
good fish