PDA

View Full Version : Faust barra

staggy
20-11-2004, 10:34 AM
We hit Faust yesterday arvo (Rod) around 330pm and the wind was ripping acrross the water into the trees at at least 20 to 25knts. Made it almost impossable to use the electric. So using a few Teemburra tricks we walked the bank. Only took 15 min to get my first road train to the back of beyond. Thought I had her but on the third run she found a nice little stick to foul up on and then proceeded to pull the hooks off the B52. Damn that was fun. No more action so we headed back to the ramp as the wind was getting worse. We sat at the ramp untill 9pm and decided to take a run up along the northern wall out of the worst of the wind. 2 hours later this little beauty decided my lure was just the snack she wanted. My PB so far of 1100mm. Took a run up to the sticks this morning before the wind got to bad but no fish for our efforts.
If this keeps up I will have to get a bigger landing net.
C YA

Staggy.

davo
20-11-2004, 04:07 PM
Darren you're a machine!!! How did you go at Awoonga? Here are a few pictures of my fathers Monduran fish.

FlyRod
20-11-2004, 06:58 PM
;D ;D ;DWell done Staggy!!What were you trolling that she fancied soo much?? ;)
Definitely go the bigger net,because when I bought a bigger net I started catching fish that wouldnt even fit in it properly! :o ;D ;D

staggy
21-11-2004, 02:01 AM
G-day Rod, the lure was a black/gold Predatek viper. The fish seemed to be only in water no deeper then 15mtr and they were sitting around 7mtr mark.
Dave we spent a couple of hours lookin around Awonga and BJ droped a small barra in one of the bays you suggested on a gold bomber.
Back to work tomorrow,BUGGA.

Staggy

davo
22-11-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm actually contemplating a quick hit on Monduran next weekend. The brother-in-law will be at Awoonga for the full moon.