PDA

View Full Version : teemburra020105

Neil_c
04-01-2005, 08:22 AM
After spending a few days at Eungella Dam last week getting blown off the water by 40+kt winds it was a relief to spend a couple of hours fishing Teemburra Sunday afternoon with a dying breeze. We landed one on fly and dropped another, trolling home on the electric motor produced a hard hitting Barra of 73cm.

The photo is an 80cm Barra landed by my wife flycasting toward timber but which luckily (she claims it was all skill) ran into some open water to be released after a couple of photos.

Neil :)

Jack_Lives_Here
06-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Hey Neil. Nice one on the wand for the wife. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]Mate and myself fished Teemburra the 18th - 21st Dec and got a few. Weather was not all that good but we managed all but one on plastics. I got one on fly (66cm) but we all know how the make the wind pick up - take your fly rod out. Got a nice sooty on fly also. They pull pretty hard.
Went for a wander into the timber for a look but no luck. Had a half arsed enquiry on a hard body and seen a BIG mumma boof some bait about 50 yards from us. Will certainly go back there for a fly only trip I reckon.

wheezer
12-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Where about is this dam?

Neil_c
12-01-2005, 09:49 AM
About 50km west of Mackay in the Pioneer Valley. It sits behind the small community of Pinnacle.

Neil :)