PDA

View Full Version : Family Fishing

Jim_Tait
11-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Went looking for a bass in the backyard creek this arvo (involved taking the whole family) - found that the bass havn't got up the creek yet - need another big flow to get them past a gorge waterfall! - but ran into a pretty eastern cod - nichnamed 'triple o' because of his body markings (see below these provide unique identifyers as good as tags if you keep photographic records) I last caught him in this neck of the creek in January.

Jim_Tait
11-11-2004, 05:17 PM
Triple O

yellahunter
12-11-2004, 03:39 AM
Beautiful cod mate, looks like a great spot! is that is in the upper clarence area?
cheers :) :)

Jim_Tait
12-11-2004, 05:05 AM
No mate its the upper Richmond
regards - Jim
PS wheres the cattie in your signtaure picture? Do you catch and release then or do you like a feed of catfish? - I sure do occassionaly!

yellahunter
12-11-2004, 04:33 PM
freshwater i only catch and release, have eaten yellas, reddies and trout when i was down south but yeah now days only catch em for the love of em really.
I always hear that the catties are good eatin but ive never tried they look a bit ugly for me hehe ;D

do you fish a lot (freshwater?)
im on the gold coast
that pic was at hinze dam

bass00
08-12-2004, 11:09 AM
i'm on the goldy too, but orriginally from lismore so i know about the bass scene down there, is there other spots up here beside Hinze??? looking at getting an electric for my tinnie

rabbitohbill
16-01-2005, 05:45 PM
i'm on the goldy too, but orriginally from lismore so i know about the bass scene down there, is there other spots up here beside Hinze??? looking at getting an electric for my tinnie

Hey. I'm originally from Lismore. My old man used to have the Civic Hotel.

Up Murwillumbah these days, fishing the Tweed River, & occasionally Clarrie Hall Dam. Not a bad part of the world. [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]