PDA

View Full Version : Monday Mornin Bassin

scroman
31-10-2005, 01:21 PM
Great way to start the working week ;)
On the water at 4.15am in the dark thinking we would throw some poppers at a local ledge ::)
Conversation went sorta like this "Can you see what your aiming at?" "nup - can you'?" "nup - throw anyway and see what happens" . Have you thrown yet? Yeh "sorry, just didn't hear any water splash" Get the spot light and shut up. "ok - where do you want me to aim?" "up there and shut up" (pointing high in tree I try to withhold a number of appropriate comments as it is not my boat) "I can see it - want the hegde clippers (could'nt resist)" "s*%t no just keep the light on it"
I was starting to giggle like a girl on her first primary school date at this stage to which I was promptly told to shut the ^%$# up. Retreive the lure having scared most of the fish for the next 50yards we reposition further up the ledge. "can you see what we're are aiming at?" "nup - just throw" "grab the f^%$#@* toch and shut up" "I didn't hear water" This is probably where all reasonable conversation went out the window and my sincere apologies to the pig farmer up the road from where we were because the next part of the discussion would have woken them pigs a little earlier than expected ::)
Gave away the blindfold casting and headed for the creek as the dawn was fast approaching. I don't know if it was time of day, water temp (25.6) bottom of the tide to just starting to make but the bass were feisty little buggers. The surface takes were some of the best we have had - like little leaping barras. We ended up with 28 for the next 2 hours best around 43-45cm. All released for Mr Flickflack who apparently was tailing us ;)
Didn't score any on the plastics but skill was a little let down - words like "I didn't hear water" are still ringing in my ears ;D ;D
Top morning just the same. Nice to meet you Rod and Kev - hope you lads had a good morning ;)
Hears one of the little buggers.

scroman
31-10-2005, 01:25 PM
As an aside post - hear is my mates smallest cobe taken not far from where we go bassin