PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday @ Caina Dam

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 02:33 PM
Well that should read Tue morning....home by one...Just a quick trip ....Up at 0230... madness ! On the road at 3... Thought that l would go the back way to Monto up the Boyne valley road...its only got about 5% dirt now and cuts about 50ks of the trip...Now that dirt bit ! Must have had a storm just before l got there..its got about twenty causeways.... water over most of them ..not deep just flowing over..branches down over the road as well.Fog, darkness..all good stuff...Came across a campa van with a German couple..They where scared to death...She was very upset crying ,shaking...The said it was the worst storm that they had ever been it..So l put on my best aussie accent and said ...Just follow me.....They did ...about two inches behind me all the way to Monto...l thought that if l put the brakes on too hard the would run up the boat...they where THAT close...Stopped at Monto said our goodbuys.. If you are ever in Germany look us up "Yea right "On to Cania dam What nobody here got the place to myself..Just like Awoonga used to be ...Before the World found us ...Anyway.. fishing was quite good.. nothing big lots of hits..Have to thank Wotknot { brad } for the lend of the gear..G Loomis GLX bsr 803 and Shimano Stella 4000FB...What lures ? Shimano lipless crank baits..

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 02:35 PM
As you can see all alone

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 02:38 PM
What a view

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Just great

bugman
06-12-2005, 02:42 PM
What ???? Hunted out of your backyard - are the tourists that bad.

German hey - you don't know what you're passing up.

Why did you borrow Brad's gear - those bass go hard on the 50lpb braid ;D

Bugman

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 02:50 PM
Now this one is of the Monto road where it goes down the range...there are fifteen signs in about twenty mtres

Awoonga
06-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Just sooo nice

Jacksta
06-12-2005, 03:11 PM
Beautiful mate, Perfect! all alone, doing what you love in great conditions.. With big fish :P doesnt get better then that ay! great stuff

4x4frog
05-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Awoonga, do you know what % the dam is at? Just curious, was around 35% when we were first there. Then there was a little rain for 4 days, and it rose significantly....very much so, I had 3 days off work floodbound ;D
We lived 6 months in Monto back in 1989, March to August. I was young and inexperienced in FW fishing then and never caught much in Cania. At home was different, the property our house was on had a small dam and the woner stocked it with the small fish he had caught over the years, which had grown....great fishing, was like shooting yella's and bass in a barrel. ::)

Awoonga
05-01-2006, 05:02 PM
its about 31% new updated report in Freshwater