PDA

View Full Version : Lenthalls at last

McCod
23-02-2006, 05:02 PM
After years of driving past Lenthalls turn off while heading to Awoonga ,Monduran' and Faust Dams..... I finaly dropped in for a flick on Tuesday arvo .... Nice little hole for sure ;) Was on the water by 2 pm and after a long run @ 6 knots and lapping up some scenery i pulled up and had a flick.... second cast i'm on to a nice little Black Topped Barra.... Little fella put up a good show.... gota quick pic and he was off.
Ended up with 2 more @ around 68 to 70 cm and jumped 1 off wich would of went mid 90's by the looks of it. Boated 2 Bass also. Off water @ 6:30 PM
Top little Dam :) just a shame the roads in real bad condition.
Very hard on tyres... even poken along at 20 KM/Hr.

Cheers Les

McCod
23-02-2006, 05:05 PM
2nd pic

bigdan123
23-02-2006, 06:41 PM
well done les
the barra fishing can only get better over the next couple of years at lenthalls ;)

Dan

TonyM
23-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Glad to hear you've finally dropped in Les, well done!

I agree with Dan re the Barra, I just wish we could say the same about the road.

warrior
23-02-2006, 07:59 PM
will the barra grow to massive sizes in this dam or is the bait situation not as substantual as the other dams that are already producing the goods?

scatter1
23-02-2006, 09:19 PM
i think at some stage the barra consider bass a pretty good size for a baitfish. ;D

TIM-DONSELAAR
24-02-2006, 02:15 AM
nice barra Les,i guess you will visit Lenthalls more often ;)

cheers tim [smiley=beer.gif]

Gutsy
24-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Nice work Les, looks like you scored him in the head ;D

Would have put up a nice fight, did it jump a bit and head for the snags?

What size line and leader were you using at the time?

Cheers.

Marcel.

Big_unit
24-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Excellent Les, there is no place quite like it.

Cheers
James

McCod
24-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Glad to hear you've finally dropped in Les, well done!

I agree with Dan re the Barra, I just wish we could say the same about the road.

Yeah Tony & Dan... if the road gets half as good as the Barra Fishing is gunna be...... It will be mini Awoonga ?? Not sure if thats all good for you fella's ? Would spoil it big time i think.... 60 plus boats on Lenthalls and all fighting for a trolling run :-/ Just hope the freezer brigade don't hit it hard.... Ran into a bloke who droped in for a look and a bit of a fish.... he was on the way home from Faust dam where him and his mate had taken 10 Barra with most being over the meter with some up around 1.2 meters..... now thats a lot of fish to eat :-? I know .... I Know it's all legal and it is a put & take fishery etc.... but it just don't seem ethical !

Cheers Les

McCod
24-02-2006, 09:52 AM
will the barra grow to massive sizes in this dam or is the bait situation not as substantual as the other dams that are already producing the goods?

Gday Allan..... not sure on the bait thing ? but i'm guessing that there is Boney Bream in there by the looks of the guts on the Bass :o

Cheers Les

TonyM
24-02-2006, 11:57 AM
Plenty of boney bream #[smiley=2thumbsup.gif] and as Les said plenty of Bass too #;) :D

WHITTO
24-02-2006, 12:57 PM
G'Day Les, The mate and I were up there on Tuesday,saw you put in but did not know it was McCod would have made it my business to come over and say G'Day, I was sitting in the Discovery at the Ramp had been flicking lures around from the bank the mate managed to nail a small Barra (beautiful bronze looking fish) way under size so sent him on his way,saw a couple of Roosters take a Barra way under size (cheeky Bas....ds cleaned it at the ramp), Les thats what going to stuff that impoundment if nothing else. What a great impoundment, the road is dodgy washout are small but its only 14 klm's,so if I see you around the traps I certainly will come over and say G'Day, Cheers Whitto

McCod
24-02-2006, 01:19 PM
Nice work Les, looks like you scored him in the head #;D

Would have put up a nice fight, did it jump a bit and head for the snags?

What size line and leader were you using at the time?

Cheers.

Marcel.

Gday Marcel.... yeah mate was using 20 lb braid on 60 lb leader.... I think 40 lb leader would of done the trick with the smaller class of fish.... the string was over an E.Grell B 4 -6 with a little Diawa Alphas 103 reel on top. Fish did not jump at all due to it not being hooked in the gob... had me bricked in the snags for a bit. The other fish jumped as they were all mouth hooked

Cheers Les

McCod
26-02-2006, 05:12 PM
G'Day Les, The mate and I were up there on Tuesday,saw you put in but did not know it was McCod would have made it my business to come over and say G'Day, I was sitting in the Discovery at the Ramp had been flicking lures around from the bank the mate managed to nail a small Barra (beautiful bronze looking fish) way under size so sent him on his way,saw a couple of Roosters take a Barra way under size (cheeky Bas....ds cleaned it at the ramp), Les thats what going to stuff that impoundment if nothing else. #What a great impoundment, the road is dodgy washout are small #but its only 14 klm's,so if I see you around the traps I certainly will come over and say G'Day, Cheers #Whitto

Yeah Whitto.... not a prob mate .... now ya now the boat ..... say Gday anytime :) Yep..... and i did see the baby Barra scales @ the ramp >:(

Cheers Les

roz
26-02-2006, 06:35 PM
I had no idea Barra can take on such a dark colour.

I've only been into Lenthalls once, but will definately give it another go, very lovely looking place. Wishing my salt water luck would follow me inland.

Cheers Roz