PDA

View Full Version : Maroon sunday.5th march.

Cloud_9
08-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Gaday all.
doesn't this weather just Suk.
I've had so many wet days at work this last few weeks i'm getting webbed feet :-/
and worried custormers hoping the tarps keep their houses dry.
but the weather or not we still have to go fishing, don't we?
well i do.
you just have to find a spot you can fish given the surcumstances.
we sunday we had wind 15-20 + rain.
and lots of rain, so lots of fresh in the estuaries, not the greatest prospect.
so i go the other way .
if theres lots of fresh , go fish the fresh.
so sunday arvo about 1 ish. peter and i trecked out to Maroon Dam.
first time this year to fish.
as we arrived at the ramp 2 guys were leaving , that left the whole lake to us. top stuff.
NO Skiers.
anyway i had 1 Kg gear to try and 2kg back up. + a bait caster to throw Jackalls around.
the Atomic rubbers couldn't bring the goods today, nor could the berkley stuff ether.
so out come the Jackalls, 1 of me best trips here 1 colour pature worked real well so i didnt use that 1 , i tried a dark colour for the dark day thing, ;)
First Cast. Fish. 30cm.then nothing. mean while peters been casting he arm off for zip.
he says hay give us 1 of those.
so now were both fish the good ol jackalls.
i decided the change colour even though i just caught a fish on the colour i had on , cos i figured if that colour works then my hot colour from the trip earlier should work too.
TN70 first cast again, 30cm bass. peter 's still zip, were fishing the same water?
same colour jackalls..
we're trying to sit in the same spot wind blowin us all over the show. the weed is pretty hard to see when the water is getting whipped up.
but peter found it a far bit ;)
i managed 1 more fish before it died off a 40cm Bass , i little on the thin side i think.
water level up here looks to have stayed fairly stable, around 30%.
i think i need to take a trip up here again with out the wind.
Cheers Cloud 9

wrip109
11-03-2006, 07:00 PM
G'day Cloud9

Hey, that's a nice fish. I have fished quite a lot in Maroon and catch heaps of bass but only ever the baby ones.

Most of the ones I catch are smaller than the lure I use(Downunder Boomarang)

Well done!

Phil