PDA

View Full Version : Awoonga Barra

Needmorerum
14-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Took a mate out fishing on Friday night. Spent the night having a shot at the places in the Dam that we hear others going to all the time.
Finally come up trumps, got a 1m and an 80cm. The mate got both as well as a hook up but didn't land it.
My turn this Friday night, now we have a better idea on what we are doing.

Cheers
Corry

jim_farrell
14-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Well done mate. Heading there for the first time in 3 weeks. Keep us posted. :)

DNO40
15-03-2006, 06:20 AM
Well done Corry, bout time you gave the dam a hit. Its a bit harder for the skipper to xcatch the Barra, it always seems to be the deckie that wins.

Good lick friday, I'm sure you wont be the only one out there, just after the full moon.

DNO

bugman
15-03-2006, 09:21 AM
Corry,

Sounds like a good trip.

What time did the strikes come - did you fish all night. I'm guessing everything on the troll. Looks like I'll be up there in a couple of months so I'm taking a keen look at all of these posts.

Brett

CQ_Fisher
16-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Nice going mate, you keep doing the homework and then I'll tag along once you have the place wired. I'll try and catch up with you soon for a drink or 2. I'm gonna try and organise a trip down Collesseum with DNO in the near future for a day or overnighter cause I'm gonna miss the one at the start of April cause I'm in Mackay that weekend, are you keen?

JD

Shooter
18-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Nice fish, how long did you spend chasing them? Spent a lot of time out there for a couple of fish and have got the shits with it. Will go back when I calm down.