PDA

View Full Version : Michelle, Awoonga 18th

Kayak1
19-03-2006, 08:06 PM
Well, it had been 4 weeks since I had taken Michelle out. Two weekends rostered on at work and one blown out with the weather. It took no persuasion to get an early start Saturday morning. Couple of new lures graced the outfits ... I unashamedly took the first choice of bleeding mullet colour (well I had a lot of ground to make up) and left Michelle with the boring blue and yellow. She was even wearing my hat as she had forgotten to bring hers so I had a double wammy of a mocker start on her. So no one told the fish. In about 15 minutes she was locked on to a nice fish which turned out to be a 70cm barra. A quick photo and release. Three trips and a good barra each trip and zip to me ..... if she wasn't such a good kid I'd be developing a complex by now. It wasn't long before the wind started to get up and we were thinking of an early day when Michelle's rod bucked and she was on again. This time the fish ran deep and long with every metre gained reverting to a couple more being burned off. Presently though she had the fish tireing and almost to where we could get a glimpse of it when the hooks pulled. Truely, I think I was more disappointed than her, even though it could well have made her a member of the metrey club while I still haven't caught a legal sized barra in Awoonga. There on the rear treble was a head scale of the barra which Michelle kept as a memento.... as she said "until next time".

Kayak1
19-03-2006, 08:08 PM
And a 70cm barra comes aboard.

Cheers,
Steve.

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:52 PM
300mm or 1000mm the smile is still worth a thousand words dont you think.

staggy

wheezer
20-03-2006, 10:30 AM
fantastic to see, I can't until my kids are a little older

StevenM
20-03-2006, 05:54 PM
Nice work, good to see the young girls spendin time do what dad loves to do.

Congrats Steve and Michelle