PDA

View Full Version : Calm before the storm.t approching i thought I sho

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Rain on the way,,,fingers crossed with the cyclone approching the coast we could use some good run off to top up our very low water supplys.
And with the weather still being almost comfortable I decided to take my daughter out for a shot at a barra or three before the wind picked up.
To cut a long story short we had 7 hook ups with only one making it all the way back to the tinny.
1040mm of prime barra is Kates best so far. Had to laugh at her when she told me she was glad it was only a small one compaired to the first one she lost. It was a huge fish that cleared the water twice before dropping the lure. I wont repeat her words after the fish disapeared in to the depths waiting for the next lucky angler but I still giggle when I think about her reaction from the first hit of the night.
We only cast and retreived for the session around the weed beds. I did start to troll back to the boat ramp but got bored 10 min into the run so we packed up and headed in. Spent 4 hours on the dam.

Stasggy

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Took a run back the next night for a little better results in number of fish actually makin it back to the tinny. Kate was too tired for a repeat session so Simo filled the seat at the pointy end of the boat. this was Simo's his best for the session.

Staggy

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Another

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:38 PM
And a couple I caught fishing by myself in the wind and rain last Monday night as I was havin a bit of a look around to increase my chances of getting Kate on to one Friday night. My plan worked a treat. No waisted time on friday lookin for the buggers.

Staggy

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:41 PM
last one.

staggy

Big_unit
19-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Thats a cracker of a report, awesome stuff.

;) ;) :)

Cheers
James

staggy
19-03-2006, 10:48 PM
The last fish is actually 100mm smaller then the one laying on the floor but it looks bigger in the pic.

staggy

Big_unit
19-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Ya need ta get yourself ones of those brag mats, they seem to be the prescribed method of photographing ones trophies.

Cheers
James

jackash
19-03-2006, 11:16 PM
Well you wouldnt call those small barra would ya. Thats an awesome report and absolutely awesome fishing. Stuff dreams are made of.
Well done
Cheers
Jackash

staggy
20-03-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the kind words James and Jackash.
Kate must have been dreaming about them Jackash as she asked my a dozen times through the week if we were still going even if the weather wasnt crash hot.

staggy

Kayak1
20-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Awsome fish Staggy. Great to have a daughter into fishing isn't it. You go Kate ... excellent effort [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]. Hey Staggy, is this a northern impondment, you didn't mention a location?

Cheers,
Steve.

staggy
20-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry Steve, Must have been trying to keep it a secret. It was Kintchant Dam.
C Ya

staggy

StevenM
20-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Top report and great fish. Congrats to you too Kate

Dehydrated
24-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Hey Staggy,

Good to see you having some luck at Kinchant. Excellent fish! 8-) 8-)

Regards
Don.

McCod
24-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Nice fish staggy :o.... good to see the ring tank is alive and kicking [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cheers Les