PDA

View Full Version : FNQ Report

TinarooTriumph
25-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, what a week! Ive had to indure a category 4 cyclone on the Southern Tablelands, not much fun i tell you. But if you look at it fishing wise, its a great time to fish. 175 mm have fallen over my area in the last 3 or 4 days, including the cyclone itself. Probably a bad few weeks coming if your a river fishermen, rivers are just going nuts up here, but if your planning to come up north to visit our dams and catch afew fish, you cant go past Lake Tinaroo this weekend. Fresh rain, good weather *looks outside*, the mighty Barron River is flowing into the lake (Barrafest), so everything is set up. I will be hitting the waters of Tinaroo tomorrow, possibly to cold for the barra though, so i am after a few Saratoga being the colder months of the year, and i will also try and reaf out as many tilapia as i can, a good eating fish if done the right way.

So if your coming up North this weekend with your boat, Tinaroo is the way. If your game enough you can try and take the road to Koombaloomba Dam near Ravenshoe, that i would not try. Road would be like a giant Chocalate Dessert!!!.

TinarooTriumph 8-) .... LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY DATO!!!!