PDA

View Full Version : Forest Lake?

onionpants
11-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Looking at houses to rent in Forest Lake. I also looked at the lake itself and noticed heaps of garfish on the surface. I did a search on the freshwater forum and found one thread related to fishing there. A couple people posted that Delfin security guards might ask you to leave if they see you fishing there. However the spot I looked at had a Brisbane City Council Sign designating it as a public park. And not a single "No Fishing" sign. I don't see how the Delfin security guys could have any authority there. What would happen if they told you not to leave and you refused? Also, if you caught anything there, such as garfish or tilapia, would you eat it?

Any info is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Archer
12-04-2006, 10:45 AM
If theres no NO FISHING signs there than go for it!
If the security guards ask you to move just nicely explainj to them that there isn a no fishing sign here and your well within your rights to fish there.
There just security guards not alot they can do.

Mossie
12-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Delfin no longer manage the lake or park lands, they have been handed over to the BCC, there are NO Fishing symbols in the concrete all round the lake. However my son in law has been fishing it recently and has caught several Tilarpia (not sure of the spelling) on lures up in the Cascades to 40cm. There are also plenty of eel tailed catfish and eels in the lake.

Mossie

Canoedle
13-04-2006, 04:33 PM
ALRIGHT! I'm there :D

Flash
01-05-2006, 12:20 AM
However my son in law has been fishing it recently and has caught several Tilarpia (not sure of the spelling) on lures up in the Cascades to 40cm.

Mossie

Mossie, where in the Cascades? Near the bridge at Grand Avenue?

AngiG
03-05-2006, 01:17 PM
So we can fish anywhere not on teh concrete.
I have wanted to give forest lake a try for ages.
Do tilapia hit much at night does anyone know?

Louis
12-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I might have a crack at it myself.

Louis