PDA

View Full Version : Solid Lake Macdonald Bass!

tiges
21-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Hit Lake Macdonald again for a couple of hrs this arvo. Bass were once again found on the flats in 4-5m of water, same general vicinity as last week. Tossed my usually reliable beetlespin combo around for a while for just one hit. Swapped over to the soft jackall (are they called G-vibe's?), and got smashed first throw on about the third hop. After a great fight, got my first look at him and thought I was about to join the 50+ club. Only stretched the tape to 48 at the fork, but I was hardly dissappointed. He was a real thumper, so much bulk and size in his body, the pics really don't do him justice. Got another one about 10mins later, same length but not quite as chunky, still a fantastic fish. Picked up one more small one about 30cms or so, and also an eel tail cattie which was a bit of a surprise. Took a mate along but he drew a blank using his flyrod. Here's some pics of the 2 bigger ones. Gotta get to that 50cm mark soon.

Cheers
Tiges

tiges
21-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Fat bass

tiges
21-05-2006, 09:54 PM
2nd one

tiges
21-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Not quite as fat, but a great fish none the less.

TinarooTriumph
21-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Great stuff Tiges. Them Bass you keep showing us out of MacDonald look like cracker fish mate. I now have a mission tonight before i head off to sleep - to read up on Lake MacDonald in my DPI Stock Waters book!.

Suprised to hear your beatlespinner didnt work aswell as last time, but never the less you got some great fish.

I must complement the he/she that takes the pictures on your trips, they are tops.

The 'Soft Jackall/Kokoda G-Vibe' you speak of, could you supply a picture of the lure :-/ ? So then i can identify it for sure. Ive seen plenty of Jackall TN60's pull monster Bass out of dams before, but if a $7 Kokoda G-Vibe can pull monster bass aswell you know which 1 im gonna buy and fish with!

TinarooTriumph 8-)

black_sheep
22-05-2006, 10:54 AM
good fish tiges, we will be hitting the lake this weekend so it's great hear that the cool snap is bringing 'em on.

hopefully i'll find one of those 50cm+ fish

Toppy
22-05-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey Tiges, nice fish!
Where the fish schooled up on the sounder in 5mtrs of water or just scattered & did you work the lure vertical or was it cast out & retrieved?
Looks like great weather in the pic.
Cheers
Toppy

tiges
22-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks TT and Black sheep. I meant Mask vib TT, so yeh a genuine Jackall, not one of the cheapies. I'll be trying to get out there again too Black sheep. I've made the mistake of going a bit late, and after finding them only really having about an hr of action. They seem to be shutting down after about 4.30, so don't be afraid to hit it in the middle of the day.

Cheers
Tiges

tiges
22-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Toppy, they were spread around in little patches over a fairly large area of flats, seemed to be moving around a bit. Was some bait showing here and there on the sounder too, so I think they were chasing them around. I was casting the lure out and just hopping it along the bottom back to the boat. Just a slow-med lift of the rod tip about 2-3ft and winding the slack up on the drop, kinda like fishing plastics for flatties.

Cheers
Tiges

scott_b
22-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Gday tiges
Very nice fish mate , that measuring to the fork of the tail would have to sh#t ya !!. Glad the cod have a rounded paddle on them.
wamjam

Canoedle
22-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Nice bass mate, cheers for posting the pics, dead keen to find some bass again.
Cheers,
Karl.

F1SH_BOY
23-05-2006, 07:00 PM
nice