PDA

View Full Version : Hows leslie fishing

yellahunter
30-12-2005, 08:53 AM
any reports or information on how leslie dam has been fishing of late is much appreciated

thinking of getting out there over new years, but i will be shore based

:) :) :)

wrip109
07-01-2006, 07:18 AM
Did you go? What was the fishing like and is the water level ok for a tinnie?

Phil

budgebass
08-01-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey Yellahunter

Fished Leslie this week in the tinnie, fish were a bit slow, plenty of feed around edges and weedbeds established so hence fish are a bit slow.

The washpool "tank stand" has about 10 ft over it but still makes a good spot to fish from the bank. Early morning and late afternoon the best as the "water lice" make it their home during the day.

Scored 7 fish one morning and 2 nice silvers the next morning. Shrimp was the best bait, very slow for the tin lids.

Cheers
Budgebass

Astro
01-05-2006, 11:07 PM
Its amazing the amount of water that has droped off from leslie dam in the past few years, and the reduction in quantity and quality of fish as well, ive caught some very big yellow belley there years ago when the fishing was good and the water level was very high (5-6 years ago), one came in at 4.5kg with one eye missing, almost looked like a barra with the huge hump on its head.

last time we went there was about 2 years ago and the water level had droped off so far we didnt take any notice and drove right next to the water to reverse the boat in and the 4x4 just sank flush to the ground, all 4 wheels disapeared into the mud, some very friendly locals yanked us out with their 4x4.

Anyone know how the fishing has been there lately?

BlitzBaga
01-05-2006, 11:45 PM
I was up there on Saturday

BlitzBaga
01-05-2006, 11:49 PM
here's the wall

caveman
23-05-2006, 08:26 PM
guys was talking to a mate who fishes there and he told me he landed 22 fish on sunday, a mixed bag of yellas ,cod, black bream(silver perch), and some very big catties, all on shrimps, he took 7 fish home