PDA

View Full Version : peter faust barra?

darbus111
13-06-2006, 11:00 PM
hey guys anyone one fished peter faust lately? any reports? :-/

akman1
19-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Hopefully we'll be there early july,staying at a mate's at hideaway bay and was wondering if you can hire a tinny there?

cy_taylor1
20-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Peter Faust Barramundi!

My brother and I have been fishing the shallow weeds lately, with many fish being amongst these areas. The fish like the warmth from the sun during the day, so they move up into the shallows. Faust has wide patches of shallow open water behind the weeds and this is where fish move to.

They don't feel comfortable here in bright light though, only in overcast conditions. During this time, search slightly deeper areas.

At night, it is common to see over 10 barramundi under the moonlight in these areas. Use Bills Bugs fizzers or bomber Long A's to the edge of the weed, behind the weeds.

Cy and Kerrin Taylor
Whitsundays QLD

cy_taylor1
20-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Kerrin Taylor with a 113cm Peter Faust Dam barramundi, caught fishing weedbeds.

TinarooTriumph
22-06-2006, 08:30 PM
One day Peter Faust will take over the reigns of 'Biggest Barra' from Tinaroo, and i have a feeling it wont be too long... :-[ :'( :(

That 121cm bruiser looks like his been a passive smoker in the past! Check them lips out would ya! ;D

Great fish mate.

Theo 8-)

darbus111
24-06-2006, 09:06 PM
thanks for the info. i had been fishing faust in the summer but thought i was wasting my time in winter so did not bother. but after seeing those results might give it another go thanks for the tip. if you see a red 385 explorer thats me.

darbus111
24-06-2006, 09:14 PM
Hopefully we'll be there early july,staying at a mate's at hideaway bay and was wondering if you can hire a tinny there?
dont know about tinny hire. prosierpine or airlie would have to have a tinny hire somewhere.
make sure you drop in to proserpine bait and tackle they know everything about the dam and are happy to share any information.
there guide is also worth the trip. you can spend days on this dam with out a strike and i have, with a few small changes in your fishing you will slay the barra that far out weighs the cost of the charter.

akman1
25-06-2006, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the tip,much appreciated :)