PDA

View Full Version : EMD bass 29/6

tiges
29-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Had a couple of hrs up my sleeve this arvo, so popped the canoe on the roof and went for a fish at Ewen Maddock. Had a quick look at an area that a mate told me about, but nothing was happening there. Went to another spot where I picked up a bass trolling the first time I went there, and on cue picked up a 42cm bass in exactly the same spot. Tied on a beetlespin and drifted around the area slow rolling it. Was seeing a few vageuish shows on the sounder and thought I was getting a few half hearted nudges, but wasn't sure as it was a bit weedy in the area. Swapped over to a Jackal mask vibe and after about the 3rd throw got smashed by a good 43cm bass. Got 5 more over the next 30mins, smallest was 40cm with the biggest going 46cm to the fork. All were very fat and fit, and went like the clappers. All were released. Was an extremely fun little session, here's a couple of pics (not all of 'em though, pretty boring just on the bottom of the canoe).

tiges
29-06-2006, 08:31 PM
mask vibe victim

tiges
29-06-2006, 08:33 PM
The biggest at 46cm.

TinarooTriumph
29-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Some great fish there mate! Well done!

Theo 8-)

F1SH_BOY
29-06-2006, 09:30 PM
nice fish what was that sp u were using?

bdowdy
30-06-2006, 07:47 AM
:)nice bass, have heard of the dam but exactly were abouts is it. cheers bdowdy ;)

tiges
30-06-2006, 08:56 AM
The lure is mentioned in the report F1SH_BOY, jackal mask vibe. The dam is at Mooloolah on the sunshine coast bdowdy. Only paddle powered vessels allowed, hence why I was in the canoe rather than boat.

a_big_red_1
30-06-2006, 05:50 PM
ahhhhhh, very nice :D well done

Daz

tiges
30-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Went down again this arvo, with a mate in tow this time. Not as much action but managed 3 fish, once again on the mask vibe. Best went 43 fork length, with the other 2 around 38. My mate must have crossed the bass gods as he has been unable to open his account the last few outings. He's been totally flabbergasted, and carrying on like a pork chop. And I of course have been very sympathetic with his predicament.............YEAH RIGHT!!!!!! Here's the best one.

Dodge41
30-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Great fish mate ; I'm still a bass virgin and getting fairly toey to nail one

themisses
03-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Nice fish!!
How fun are they to catch. We have a pretty great no fail spot. ;)
I did read on a post here the other day that if they are caught during spoorning they will re-absorb their rowe. Hubby caught one last week that could not be released and during cleaning found it was full of rowe. Bugger, no more bass fishing until November. (they are not impoundment fish) Parts of the river here are closed from August to October. :'(

Guess it's back to Bream and Flatties!!
Cheers Kim.

Herby13
21-07-2006, 01:15 PM
well done mate there nice fish. When you troll as you say, are you using an electric or just paddling along with oars? I haven't bought myself a electric yet but i fing just paddling with the oars just as effective (and one hell of a WORK OUT)! ;D

Thomas

tiges
21-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Hey Thomas,

When I fish out of my canoe, I paddle with one of those surf ski/kayak style paddles. It's great for trolling as you get a good pulse and dive on your lure with each stroke. Prefer them over the single paddles that are more traditionally used on canoes as your body stays more front on and square. Get a sore back when I use the single paddles as your slightly twisted as you paddle, plus you keep swapping over sides and dribbling water into the canoe. Like the fitness aspect of paddling over using an electric. If I know I'll be covering more ground, I'll usually take my boat.

Cheers
Tiges

Canoedle
21-07-2006, 10:42 PM
Those are some FAT bass :o

ibbo
25-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Some nice specimens there tiges nice and fit :)

IBBO