PDA

View Full Version : Wild Tweed  Bassing

flickflack
26-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi All

A mate of mine had to come down to the Tweed to have his car serviced so I offered to meet him on the river for an early morning bass fish. The weather played along for a change and and I picked him up after he dropped his car off. We dropped the boat in and hit one of my favourite spots. Tony had a good hit on a surface lure but it didnt connect. After a few more casts with a top water I changed to a minnow and was on first cast. A fiesty little Bass was netted and quickly released. I had brought along an ultra lite rod from smith to have a play with so I tied a little minnow on it with 2lb. After having a look at the gear thinking Man this is asking for trouble I chucked it out. About third cast I came up tight and luckily the fish headed out into the deeper water so that I could take my time. I netted it a few minutes later and was pretty happy with my first bass on 2lb. I tried to do it again a short while later and kissed a $20 japanese minnow good bye. I will stick to the heavy stuff from now on. All in all we had a good morning with about 7 fish making it to the boat and a few dropped. The lure that did most of the damage was a Megabass minnow. Most fish inhaled the whole lure with just the bib sticking out.

Good fishing to you all

Rod

flickflack
26-08-2006, 12:31 PM
:)

flickflack
26-08-2006, 12:31 PM
;)

Smailesy
26-08-2006, 01:20 PM
it can get expencive but stick with the light lines you will get more hook ups and is the car ready

flickflack
26-08-2006, 04:15 PM
Smailesy

Yup dropped him off on the way back to work ;)

BassCowboy
26-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Flick Flack

Great shots, the tweed is such a diverse fishery. It looks in very good condition, been a while since I have fished there, near the Bray Park wier, Good Times let the water warm up and surface fishing will produce those 7 seven fish

Cheers
Chris (cowboy) Galligan

flickflack
26-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Cowboy

We had a few looks on the surface but another month should see them really going well on walkers and poppers. The season has already cost me a few good lures lost to fish in snags. Just not as much fun on the heavy gear ;)

Rod

Toppy
27-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey Rodrick, sounds like a nice morning you had.
Bianca & I were going to go today put the crapy weather put her off so I decided to continue with the paper work.
I might slip down to Robina for a fish in the morning on thye way to Brisy.
catch up soon mate!
cheers
Paul
P.S Good luck tomorrow

flickflack
27-08-2006, 02:18 PM
Cheers Mate, I had a stopover at the Pub there it looked good maybe we should go up there on a Monday with the ladies and they can drive us home after a few Bass and a few Beers. ;) ;)

Rod

whykickacatalong
27-08-2006, 03:09 PM
They look like they have been down stream making more bass for the future, great to see.

I really need to pull my finger out and take the canoe up there as I am around that area for work nearly every week and have sussed out some great spots. If this season on the upper Richmond is anything like last I will have to just to catch some quality fish. Last year was very quiet :(

First week of September I will begin revisiting my Summer haunts ;)

flickflack
27-08-2006, 03:55 PM
Alistair

If you are headed this way give me a shout and maybe we can tee something up.

Cheers Rod

gregdeeth
27-08-2006, 04:56 PM
beautiful fish

whykickacatalong
28-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Alistair

If you are headed this way give me a shout and maybe we can tee something up.

Cheers Rod

I'll do that. I would generally look at a Sunday session further up past the junction. I have sussed out a couple of spots to slide the canoe in and expect that in another month or so the action up there, hopefully on the surface, will heat up.