PDA

View Full Version : Wivenhoe - electric only????  

black_sheep
20-09-2006, 01:16 PM
AUSFISHERS,

Can someone please confirm that you can or cannot have a petrol outboard on your boat at Wivenhoe??? I have never fished it in a boat simply because I have always been under the impression it is an Electric only dam and they don't allow you on the dam with a petrol motor - even if you take fuel tanks off-board, disconnect fuel lines....which I'm prepared to do but I'm not prepared to unbolt my 50hp 4-stroke every time I want to fish it.

Surely, they don't force Tournament fisho's to unbolt their 200+hp motors that I've seen a few of them run. Do they have special permission for tournaments or have the rules changed so you can leave your outboard bolted on and just not allowed to start them????

Cheers

ssab1
20-09-2006, 02:09 PM
black sheep .get a boating permit .dont carry fuel.you leave motor on no problems. cheers alex

Canoedle
20-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I spoke to the ranger out there a while ago, they won't give you a hard time about having the motor on, just don't use it.

Hellmannn
29-09-2006, 09:35 AM
what about if you have an undefloor tank with petrol, its a bit hard to empty, but can you still use the dam?