PDA

View Full Version : baroon Pocket Dam 26/9/06

turley
26-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Fished from the shore around the boat ramp from about 4pm this afternoon. Was pritty quite but did get slammed on a kokoda g-vibe around the lillies which kept me interested. I started to notice lots of insect hatchs which caught my attention and as soon as the sun when behind the mountain(about 6pm) the water came alive with surface boils every couple seconds, some as close a 2m infront of us! Both my girlfriend and I had switched to surface poppers by this time but both managed to get 2 wind knots in a row on our rods right in the middle of the action. I did end up hooking upto one bass, about 30cm on a very slowly worked Taylor made surface buster before night fully arrived and it all went quite again. Was an awesome night all things aside and was realy glad to hook up as it would have been the most active bass bite I have ever had without hooking up if I didn't!

Cheers

Turley

Tropicaltrout
26-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Good to hear turley mate how good is it to have one hit on the popper, even a hit makes it all woth while.

Toppy
29-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Must have been cool to see & hear the action, gets the heat pumping a bit faster does'nt it when you need to re-tie while its going on.
I use to fish that area below the spillway before they closed it to fishing, its a very special place that, makes me keen to get up there again after reading your post!
Cheers
Toppy