PDA

View Full Version : Lake Samsonvale 01/11/2006

The_Walrus
01-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Fished at McGavin's View this morning from 0600 to 0800.

3 bass (32, 35, 39 cms) on a lime green spinnerbait. :)

Spend more time collecting discarted fishing line (including some very new braid) and ended up with 2 pocket fulls. >:(

Shame that many who fish there find it so difficult to take their crap out.

Maybe we need to organise an M&G there and do an emu walk to collect as much garbage as possible.

We don't need bad press showing birds tangled up in discarted fishing line. Not to memtion broken bottles, cans, plastic bags, bait packets etc..

Luc

-birdman-
01-11-2006, 06:48 PM
nice litle morning bite ,what weight spinner bait? good on ya for taking time to pick other peoples crap. ;)

hardb8
01-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Onya Luc,
# #We need more like ya.If ya clean up day goes ahead,I'm in.

The boss gave me the day off as it's my birthday today.After a busy mornin,I went for a quick wander in the arvy.Happy birthday to me :).First fish a healthy 53cm model.Also caught a tagged fish among others and sent the info to Suntag 8-).

Well worth keepin this place clean.So we can all enjoy it in the future.

were-trout
01-11-2006, 08:56 PM
That clean-up sounds like a good idea, I'd be in. >:(

Canoedle
01-11-2006, 08:59 PM
let us know mate, I'll be there if I can. ;)

hardb8
01-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Here is the tagged Bass.48cm fork lenght.Tag # R 32334.

Bit of a dodgy pic,But I put the Suntag number in my phone as quick as I could,As I had no pen and paper.The shot was taken so I could zoom in on it for reference later.It was very healthy,And full of spirit.This fish showed no problems at all from it's original tagging.

It was rereleased and is still at liberty #8-).

shayned
02-11-2006, 09:06 AM
I had half an hour there last night and picked a bit rubbish up on the way out again. While I was casting I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe tie it into the clean up pine river day that has to be due soon. If I'm not working count me in. Maybe the boys from the fish stocking assoc. would lend a hand?

shayned
02-11-2006, 09:59 AM
OK, Re the clean up, how does Sunday Morning the 12th suit? Maybe a quick sunrise fish for those keen followed by a quick emu parade.
For a lot of good reasons this needs to be an unofficial event and we should just do the public access areas. I'll put up a post in fresh water, please reply there if it suits.

-birdman-
02-11-2006, 09:29 PM
nice bass hardb8, the 53 must have put on a show for ya ;)

The_Walrus
02-11-2006, 10:05 PM
Shane 74, it was a 1/4 ounce spinnerbait.

Tried lighter ones but they took too long to reach the bottom and came quickly when I started to retrieve.

A night time try with buzzbaits may be interesting.

Sunday 12 Nov sounds good for a M&G / cleanup.

Luc