PDA

View Full Version : Lizards at Laurieton

Wassa
13-10-2001, 04:03 AM
G'day guys,

Well, it's a beautifuly day, it's Friday, the sun is shining, there's a nice stiff breeze and the weather forecast lloks good for the weekend.

After the winter layoff my wife and I are heading up to our van at Laurieton and I'm packing my new composite rod, my new Daiwa Millionaire 103CVX and my box of lures.

Can anyone tell me if the lizards have arrived up at Laurieton as yet? I am really looking forward to getting amongst a few, it really helps develop a good thirst for the evening.... ;D ;D ;D.....and they are great fun to catch on light line with lures. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for your help.

Yours in fishing.

Wassa

phantomphisher
20-04-2012, 03:53 PM
been and gone;D;D;D;D;D

sleepygreg
20-04-2012, 11:22 PM
They are always there. Though you may have to change tactics. If you have a boat.....just drift along outside the sandbanks on the North haven side, and a bit further upstream where Stingray ck joins the river. Also get a few in Googlies just near the oyster leases. Any of the flats upstream from the Dunbogan Bridge will produce, both from the boat, and land based. Drift up stream from the North Haven bridge towards Queens Lake on the incoming tide for bream, cast around over the yabbie banks at the top of the tide, then drift back on the run out....casting close to the oyster leases. If you want to guarantee catching a flathead landbased, then pump some yabbies, and head for the middle wall at dunbogan, just east of the break where lake hope empties into the river. Use light line and drift an unweighted Yabbie one rod length out from the wall (top of the tide - but there has to be a bit of run). If your not getting snagged every once in a while - your too far out.

This is a start - been fishing this river system since I was 10yo (im 54). Happy to give more info - just pm me. IMHO the most productive (as far as variety is concerned) esturine system on the Mid North Coast of NSW. You can also get great feeds of bream and Luderick in winter. Not to mention the school jewies in the system. Should also be some cracker whiting in the system about now..make sure you have some Rebel Teeny Craws in clear/flouro green, or some small clear surface poppers (failing that soak some local prawns in tuna oil, then drift them towards the piles on the Dunbogan bridge just after the top turn of the tide in the late afternoon.