PDA

View Full Version : Trolling pushers

SeanCasey
23-04-2002, 06:48 PM
As you can guess offshore tolling is new to me but I'm going to learn, >:( but people say to troll pushers at 8-10 knots, however on the weekend i was trolling them in reasonable weather at around 5knots and the bloody thing kept on taking these great almighty leaps forward, after about 1 hour of trolling I checked the lure and found the hooks had jumped around and got caught on the trace. This isn't the first time this has happened, and its pissing me off. I am using a relatively flexible rod at the tip could this be the reason? Thanks :) :) :)

Master_Jig_Builder
25-04-2002, 05:20 AM
Could be a couple of reasons Sean.

(a) the pusher is too light in the head, weight wise. What length is the lure overall?
(b) the hook set up is not correct. Are you using doubles or a single and are they on 49 strand wire behind the lure head?
(c) pushers have a tendency to jump around because of the cup face design so if you have some choppy water then flat line the lure.

This means once you have the lure distance set out the back, get a number 32 rubber band and wrap it around the main line 8 times. Then take both loop ends and place them over the top of your reel handle. That will stop a lot of the bounce providing point B above has been set up right.

Let us know how you get on.