PDA

View Full Version : Noosa baitfish

bugman
27-04-2002, 07:17 AM
I might not have too much time for a reply here but I'll give it a go anyway.

I'm heading up to Noosa on Saturday morning hoping to catch a feed out around Sunshine Reef or Chardons.

Last (and only) time I fished there was 1997, well before I got my GPS. I've got some areas to head to from friends and a commercial GPS book - BUT - what I'm interested in is areas where I can head to pick up live bait.

We'll be looking for yellowtail, slimies, small tailor etc and if I remember correctly they were hard to come by out on the reef grounds last time around.

I've got some great live bait spots for the gold coast if anybody is wanting to swap but any general information will be useful.

Any replies, even after this Saturday would be appreciated because I hope to do a lot more fishing up that way in the future.

Cheers Bugman

(PS my first post - congrats on the website) ;)

fisho
29-04-2002, 01:52 PM
Sorry I'm a bit late on the reply but we normally have to burley over the shallow reefs to pick up our quality baits quickly - used to catch them out there but too hit and miss for me, although travelling with the little blighters can be tough. ;)

bugman
30-04-2002, 07:30 AM
Thanks fisho,
We did manage to find some baitfish but I should have taken them home for a feed.
The scads were upwards of 30cm long and useless for live bait for reef fish etc. We filletted them and they were fantastic bait that we.
We did float one out the back on a balloon but no interest. I think it scared away anything that came along.
Still doesn't help me in the long run I guess but I'll keep trying.
Regards
Bugman