PDA

View Full Version : Overnighters

fisho
01-05-2002, 05:25 PM
What things do members look for when planning overnight trips? I like moon in the sky but otherwise........ Do members target shallow reefs at night and deep at day? I'd be interested in your comments.

Volvo
02-05-2002, 03:56 PM
:)Make sure the missus takes plenty of tucker along, gas bottle full, Flat seas so i can fish out in the deep , plenty of bait n ice.
Otherwise if fishing in closer to the islands n reefs nightime i like ta settle in close on the opposite side to wind and run(JUSTINCASE).
Closer the better for chasing lipper n squid.
Cheers

Lucky_Phill
03-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Quite a few things have to be considered.

1. Are the Broncos playing on tele that night !! ;D

2. Is the missus having a Tupperware Party ? ;D

3. Has it been over 1 week since you last fished/ ;D

4. Are any of your mates fishing that night ? ;D

Seriously, the weather has a lot to do with it.

Moons ! No moon is great for bream in the shallows etc. Full moon is good for other species offshore.

I personnally don't need an excuse to do an overnighter, other than, it's better to be fishing than sitting at home thinking about it !! ;D ;D

webby
03-05-2002, 03:04 PM
;D ;D spot on Phill, Tupperware parties i leave, frilly under
wear i stay.
Seriously Know what the weathers doing is the big decider
if in open waters, doesnt matter in the estuaries.
Moon and tides is next
Food and a few Tinnies of Bundy is next.
Big tides fish on the reefs
Small tides fish out wider off the reefs.
A Fishing partner that doesnt talk u to death all night
or one that doesnt snore.
Make sure u know the area a little, lot of things out there
that make holes in your hull at night.
regards

adrian
07-05-2002, 03:51 AM
I consider everything that was said and one that no one has said is the place I'm leaving the car and trailer safe and will they both be there when i return ??
too many idiots out there who will damage or take what we have worked hard for. that's why I've joined a boat club with secure parking ok so its not cheap but cheaper than trying to get another trailer and car for the boat when away from home .

anzac

jezza
07-05-2002, 05:48 PM
Overnighters...........................anytime the inlaws are on their way over!!!!!!!