PDA

View Full Version : lure fishing for bream

michael_mad_fisho
13-08-2002, 10:17 AM
hi
i am having troublr with lure fishing for bream. i lure fish for bream at cleveland around the rocks and pontoons and have heaps of follows but no strikes ??? ???. the lures i use r the halco laser pros l45 ,manns 5,strikezone critter,and the rapala 4cm minnow
thanks

Travis
16-08-2002, 05:30 PM
Michael l always believe in the rule if you can see the bream you wont catch em.

Dont give up yet keep throwing them in at those pontoons and continue to do a slow retrieve with a little pause or twitch as you are trying to make your lure like and swim like a baitfish,another little tip is shade always fish the shade as this is where the fish will be...

With those lures you mentioned they all except the rapala may be a little big the water is so clear everywhere because of the lack of rain try natural colours in the smallest lures you can get you hands on for example attacks,rmg 35 or even deception palemons to name a couple...

So if you persist you will be rewarded so stick with it.....

Another option for you is soft plastics they because of the water clearness will outfish hardbodies 5 to 1 or even better but thats another story..

good luck

TD

michael_mad_fisho
17-08-2002, 02:06 PM
thanks for the info mate

Bribie_Doug
20-08-2002, 07:31 PM
G day Micheal
I have to agree with Travis on the soft plastics. Around Bribie the bream have been chewing on small minnow curltails from Holy Mackerel. Rigged on a 1/8 oz jig head with a size 1 or 2 aberdeen style hook. The best colours seem to be holographic, and any of the natural colours. These colours are working best because of the clear water.

If fishing up this way-I didn't tell you to fish this way in pacific harbour ;D

trollsroyce
10-01-2004, 04:50 PM
slow down the retrieve so the lure is just swimming. baby merlins,attack minnows both work well in bronze. fresh water catch scent, chemical sharpened hooks,clear light long leader ,follow these rules you will be in business

Zeeke
11-01-2004, 06:09 PM
ill agree with whats been said aswell.. check out a few different ranges of lures.. check out the Craftmaster Baby Merlins, only 5cm long and have a range of 34 colours if i remember correctly, too tired to go count colours in my tackle box, but i own the whole range, also check out the range of river2sea lures, mainly the smaller lures, the river2sea Buggipop 35 is one of my favorite bream surface lures, especially in colours like amber and white, attack minnows are good, my favorite colour is the red coachdog, but unfortunately, i cant find them anymore, they are painted red with black splotches on the body.. like a cow hehe.. but are absolutely deadly, the red tiger is good, check out also the producers range of lures, the lightning minnow lures around the 5cm mark are great pencil looking lures and yo-zuri seem to also be bringing out a huge range in lures.. especially small minnow lures from 3cm and up.. my favorite colours are black, red, gold, orange, purple.. once you get yourself some hardbody lures, dont forget to get urself a pair of splitring pliers and a couple of packs of new trebles, check out the VMC range of trebles, the lil red ones, absolutely sharp as hell, any fish gives your trouble and they'll feel the sting of reality

if your looking at soft plastics, check out the Berkley Bass Minnows.. known around here as Dropshot Minnows, in the 3" range is the best size for bream when rigged on a size 2 1/22 jighead, the best and my favorite colour is the watermelon/blue pearl but if you cant find them, get your hands onto some 2" atomic grubs in pumpkinseed or watermelon

Tim

basserman
15-01-2004, 10:26 AM
long cast and very slow retrieve to leave the lure in the strick zone aslong as you can
and don't froget one to the best retrives for bream is the non retrive just let it sit ontop ot the water in the strick zone

my fav lures would be
1 orgee lil rippers
2 attacks
3 river2sea buggiepop
4 koolabung rack raiders
5 minnmin's
6 baby merlins
7 taylormade baby nuggets
and my all time fav soft plastic is
brekly power bait grubs in chirstmas light