PDA

View Full Version : gold coast seaway rockwall fishing.HELP NEEDED?

geoff72
15-09-2006, 09:52 AM
I have been told there are some good fish to be caught off the seaway wall using plastics and lures,what are the best times to fish there and what size jighead do you need to get out there and what would be a good lure to use. i have tried there off the wall a few times with bait but i cant afford it anymore due to the number of lost tackle on the rocks. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Cherrs
geoff

NeMo84
15-09-2006, 11:21 AM
mate if your worried about losing tackle then use slugs or poppers as they work on the surface and you can get some good fish off the wall using them. Also it depends what it is you want to catch.

geoff72
15-09-2006, 11:38 AM
would like to go for trevally,tailor,jewies,tarpon,queenies.

masterdusky
15-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Best bet would be to start off using slugs..or even sliders :D Theyll get u onto enough fish to keep u happy, trevally of various kinds,tailor etc....
try the end of the sth wall and keep ur eyes open to where when and how others r fishing there :D

geoff72
15-09-2006, 01:36 PM
thanks mate will give it a go this weekend

gogecko
16-09-2006, 05:39 AM
Thats good advice on the slugs and poppers. If you want to use plastics, try around 1/2 to 1 hr after high tide or low tide and use 1/4 to 1/2 oz jig heads. Use a 3in to 6 in plastic. Sit between the tower and pipeline. Works well sometimes, other times nothing, thats fishing.

Andrew

geoff72
16-09-2006, 07:49 AM
what is a slider?

masterdusky
16-09-2006, 02:26 PM
sliders are lindseys lures mate, AKA slider on here.. shoot him a PM, or search for sliders on here. I was an old 1/2 x 1/4 user from the central coast accustomed to using them on avoca rocks and was a little stubborn to change, but sliders are the best metal spinner u can get mate.

shoot him a PM

Goldcoast_Local
17-09-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi Geoff,

This is a bit off topic, as i don't really use soft plastics often because i am useless with them but i might be able to help with some tips for the Seaway.

As you would know from fishing there it can be particulalry easy to lose tackle. I think the strong currents there are detrimental so it may pay to fish an hour before and after change of tide before the current is too strong. This is certainly beneficial if you are bait fishing in this area.

Maybe also, if you do try soft plastics again you could try winding extrmely quickly just before you get close to the edge of the rock to try and get your soft plastic up high in the water, above the rocks. It will mean that you will most likely not get any strikes doing this towards the end of your retrieve, maybe you will, but could help to prevent losing lures?

Think you also need to pick your spot to retrieve and try and find somewhere that is favorable.

Have you tried fishing further down that rock wall, it goes for quiet some distance and you dont have to be fishing right up the top end to catch decent fish.

Good luck with it.....