PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Any Help???

RogueFisher
19-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Hey peeps, i'm moving to townsville this wk/end, never been there before was chasing some advice on Spots,technics,Bait???. I'll be land based until my boat gets up here at chrissy!!. Any advice would be great

cheer

RogueFisher

Kendall249
19-10-2006, 11:35 PM
Where are you moving from? The best place would be the breakwall using livies of some description. PM me went get here and I give you some more specific info as to where to get live bait etc. Though fishing options will dramatically increase once your boat arrives. Kendall

PandaBear
19-10-2006, 11:48 PM
A great spot for live bait i found is the back of the lakes near the old spotlight.

DAmien

Kendall249
20-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey damien, good to see another NQ fisho on this site and cheers for the info as I struggle to consistently get good live bait, Kendall

Leo_N.
20-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Have a search around the net. A guy by the name of Bad Bubby wrote a guide to fishing Townsville land-based a while back that he published on the net. Maybe if you google it.

If you want barras, the Ross River freshwater sections were stocked a while back and there are some real monsters in there. The lakes can also be productive for barras and a few tarpon.

I have spent long periods of time at the breakwater for no result, but that is life.

The other spot that you might want to try is the mouth of the Ross River (not Ross Ck where the breakwater is) at the end of Boundary St - there is a good mud flat which would have produced some good salmon a few months ago, but you could probably still pick up a flathead or a whiting.

Cheers,
Leo

whiteman
20-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Go to the Barra Farm for a couple of hours and get a feel for the way they strike n fight. Great fun and around $16/hour.

RogueFisher
20-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Cheers for the info fella's.... I moving up from Bris vagas kendall

Kendall249
21-10-2006, 03:54 AM
Hey roguefisher, I'll go out on a limb and say that your going to be happy with the move, kendall

RogueFisher
21-10-2006, 10:18 AM
I'de have 2 agree with ya kendall, i just gotta fix a bent tailshaft then i'll be there wednesday!!! :). I'll get a job then go fishin!!! priorities:).

Leo, bad bubby's web sites like a bible...cheers mate.

Rogue