PDA

View Full Version : oziexplorer

dazza
15-01-2004, 12:25 AM
hi all,
i have downloaded the trial version of oziexplorer, what maps are the best to use?? hopefully if i am happy with it and if it suits my needs i will purchase the add ons.
and what is the easiest way to go about this.
i am pretty hopeless on the puta, so any help would be much appreciated
cheers
dazza

whiteman
15-01-2004, 07:29 AM
Dazza

I use the trial version of Oziexplorer "mapless" (blank map autoscale). I tried scanning in my paper versions but I couldn't align them with only 2 registration point in the trial. The full version should be easier but not perfect.

My main use of Oziexplorer is updating details of weighpoints on a computer keyboard rather than via my GPS12. It's great for this and sorting out routes as its integration with Garmin products is really good. If you have enough weighpoints for shorelines and other reference features, you may not need to go to the expense of buying the full version and associated (and expensive) digital maps.

I also have a copy of Captain Voyager with all Australian maps loaded. This product is a heavy duty application for serious boaties and is complex. Not as easy to use with the GPS12 so I still have both products available.

NQCairns
15-01-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi Dazza, I have the full Ozi and think it is great, almost didn't buy it after the hoops a learner has to jump through with the trial version. Consider this GPS/Mapping software the free full sized version is downloadable at http://www.gpstm.com/ cheers Nq

Heath
15-01-2004, 09:01 AM
I've got both Oziexplorer & Captain Voyager. :-X Did you know the maps from Captain Voyager can be directly imported into Ozi giving you one of the most usefull systems known to us fishermen ;D

The maps are pre calibrated when imported even :D

I use it to manage my waypoints, work out drifts, routes & suspected new grounds.

An extremely usefull tool to have, thats for sure.

nofrills
15-01-2004, 06:27 PM
got no idea what it is dazza but if it helps GET IT.you stick to all the tecknical stuff and ill keep washin the boat ;D

dazza
16-01-2004, 04:44 AM
thanks for the info guy's
i have a mate who may be able to get me satalite images of the coast with gridlines but unfortunatley he is os at the moment and will be back in a few months. might be a good opportunity to practice with the blank map until then.
scotty,
the way i have been going latley you won't have to wash mush crap off of the boat
cheers
dazza