PDA

View Full Version : Calling Lowrance X88DF owners!

Heath
12-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Guys,

I've had a hiccup with my Lowrance X88DF. Simply my Temperature sensor has stopped working.

I've got no problem with the warranty side of things except for the fact that I bought my sounder direct from the USA, so I would like to if possible nut out weather it is the head unit or tranducer so I can send just the faulty part.

I'm 99% sure its the transducer, but I would like to make sure.

What I would like to do, if anyone could accomodate me, is simply stick my headunit on your tranducer to see if the Temp works.

The transducer is the HS-50/200-DX ( Dual freq transom mount skimmer with built in temp sensor )

Other units that use this transducer are:
LCX-104C, LCX-15CI, LCX-15CT, LCX-15MT, LCX-16CI, LCX-18C, LCX-19C, LMS-320, LMS-320DF, SeaCharter 320DF, SeaCharter 480DF, X58DF, X88DF, X98DF

6 pack of coldies for anyone that can help me out #;D

merv
14-01-2004, 05:58 AM
HAVE YOU TRIED TRACING YOUR LEAD BACK FROM YOUR TRANSDUCER UP TO YOUR CONNECTING NUT , UNDO IT & MAKE SURE IT IS OK , THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER LOOSE LEAD WITH A CONNECTOR NUT ,TRY HOOKING UP TO IT AND SEE IF THAT WORKS .(THAT SPARE LEAD IS YOUR SECOND TEMP )IF THAT FAILS HAVE YOU ASKED AT YOUR LOCAL MARINE DEALER IF THEY WILL LET YOU TRY IT OUT ON A DEMO UNIT.OR TAKE YOUR BOAT THERE AND ASK IF THEY WILL LET YOU HOOK IT UP TO A NEW TRANSDUCER AFTER ALL IF YOURS IS FAULTY YOU WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE ONE. I HOPE THIS HELPS .MERV

Heath
14-01-2004, 03:23 PM
HAVE YOU TRIED TRACING YOUR LEAD BACK FROM YOUR TRANSDUCER UP TO YOUR CONNECTING NUT , UNDO IT & MAKE SURE IT IS OK , THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE ANOTHER LOOSE LEAD WITH A CONNECTOR NUT ,TRY HOOKING UP TO IT AND SEE IF THAT WORKS .(THAT SPARE LEAD IS YOUR SECOND TEMP )

The lead from the transducer to head unit is one single piece no joiners anywhere.

IF THAT FAILS HAVE YOU ASKED AT YOUR LOCAL MARINE DEALER IF THEY WILL LET YOU TRY IT OUT ON A DEMO UNIT.OR TAKE YOUR BOAT THERE #AND ASK IF THEY WILL LET YOU HOOK IT UP TO A NEW TRANSDUCER AFTER ALL IF YOURS IS FAULTY YOU WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE ONE. I HOPE THIS HELPS .MERV

The unit is under warranty so no need to purchase a new lead.

I've already organised to have the transducer tested on Friday.

team_mongo
17-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Heath,
Sorry a bit slow to respond, only saw your post today. Got a X98DF, does the same thing. I have to switch to 50kHz for the temp to work. Dont want to get it fixed because they say it'll be 7-10 working days to get a replacement unit. (that's if its not the transducer) I'll wait till after summer when then fishing dies down a bit.

Be interested to know what it is - transducer or head unit.

George

jeffo
18-01-2004, 04:37 AM
i have the x87 and my temp gauge is telling my 27.3 degrees out there at the moment :o its warm but i dont think its that warm?

Heath
18-01-2004, 03:30 PM
George,

Its the transducer, I tested it on my mates sounder. Just waiting for a responce from Lowrance now. During summer its not as detrimental not having a sounder as most our fishing is done at anchor, but in Winter we couldn't live without it.