PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird Platinum ID

Thebuffalo
22-04-2004, 08:18 AM
Have an option of buying a Humminbird Platinum ID 120. I was wondering if any of you lot have had any dealings with them. I was looking at buying a new Lawrance but if this is OK I might pick it up as a cheaper option in the interim. It has a brand new transducer with it. I have looked at the features on the Humminbird site but I have no idea of the age or when they were brought out. It seems ok. He wants $300, what do you think?

Managed to pick up a 97 modle 15hp evinrude and a 3.5 tinnie as well for $900 should be a good croc lure :-[

Thanks in advance. Thebuffalo

banshee
22-04-2004, 06:31 PM
G'Day Buffalo,Mate I would have reservations about geting into a Hummin Bird Sounder Full stop, let alone a Platinum,from memory these units would be well over ten years old.I used to fish with a bloke who had one and it was very blockey and showed very little detail,and that was in a river,another mate has a Platinum 3D he uses in fresh water, it spends all it's life wraped in white towels(as my wide View did) trying to stop the screen from blueing over.Your sounder is the most important thing in your boat if catching fish is your aim,Get the most powerfull unit with the highest pixel count you can afford.To my way of thinking any new Lowrance is going to make an old Platinum look like a toy.

Thebuffalo
22-04-2004, 10:40 PM
That's good enough for me, I'll leave it alone. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers

Thebuffalo