PDA

View Full Version : advice on a sounder fish finder

Martin_C
28-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Dear Group

As a new subscriber to the group I enjoy reading what you all eall get upto etc and where to catch the fish- this leads me to my query. I have a hummingbird sounder which seems to stick on simultation mode the whole, except that it doesn't show where the fish are located - also doesnt show the correct depth.

I need to upgrade and I am seeking advice on which model etc to purchase, I tend to fish river,bay and creek areas etc as i have a 4.3 with 40hp

Also i have looking to join fishing clubs or meet new buddies for fishing around brisbane etc
Any help would be appreciated

Regards
Martin

smerl
29-04-2004, 05:12 AM
I fish with a Lowrance X97. I have had an Eagle Fish Mark(?) and a Hummingbird Wide Angle before. I have found the Lowrance to be excellent. You could probably pick up a cheaper sounder than the X97 for creeks, bay etc but Lowrance would be my choice of brand.

BlitzBaga
29-04-2004, 09:58 AM
G'day Martin

You might be holding your finger on the on button when you are turning it on. I did it once not long after getting mine, the water was reading 25ft deep at the Moograh boat ramp and there was heaps of fish holding type structure ;D.

Cheers
Murray

vertico
29-04-2004, 10:21 AM
got a lowrance x75 here for $300 brand new

ANYFISH
29-04-2004, 01:22 PM
i have a lowrance x87. can't beat it. owned navman before that but the lowrance was heaps better value for money and it had no problems. the navman went back to the manufacturer 3 times and still wasn't fixed.
cheers anyfish

ANYFISH
29-04-2004, 01:24 PM
i forgot to say to go to the www.lowrance.com and download a few simulators for the different modles.

Martin_C
29-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey guys
Thanks for the advice so far on fish finders etc, keep the advice coming if you don't mind - looks like a Lowrance dont; know which model yet

Regards
Martin