PDA

View Full Version : Sound Advice

Big_Kev
12-05-2004, 02:46 PM
A mate of mine is looking at a new sounder, and has been offered a great deal on a Furuno 4100.
He does most types of fishingin the bay and the pin but the old Eagle he has at the minute does not cut the mustard in the deep water off Point Lookout when bottom bashing.(up to 100m)
I have recomended the Lowrance X88 as I want one and from the reports they are great for this type of fishing, but he is not sure about spending that much.
Any feedback will be much appreciated.
Thanks Kev :) :) :)

Streaker
13-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Why not try a Garmin FF 240. I'm selling mine at half price $450.
Still under warranty.
Wayne

CHRIS_aka_GWH
13-05-2004, 08:46 AM
offered a great deal on a Furuno 4100.

i have no idea about that model just the brand. Furuno's are an excellent sounder used by a lot of pro boats.

I have a mate with a colur furuno with a CRT monitor & it sees :o everything. Unbelievable - honest, wish I could afford one.

Incidently I have an X88 & I'm pretty happy. My biggest compliant is that at high speed, you lose the picture from bubble interference (you don't lose bottom though - the digital readout remains true). The bracket needs to be better designed (or a suplementry one available) to suit the mounting plates put on most tinnies - I've chosen to live with it rather than mount directly into the transom.

Good sounder though - but purchase the extended warranty if you are going ouside.

chris