PDA

View Full Version : SX100 Hummingbird upgrading to????

Burley_Boy
15-06-2004, 07:03 AM
THe SX100 being about the bottom of the range I find that structures and fish are extremely hard to discern, I can't see a wreck or the pipeline I pass right over etc and I'm sorta fed up with it. I want to really be able to pick the right offshore locations in primarily 25-50fathoms and I'm struggling with the Hummingbird sounder at the moment.
Hey maybe its just me and its a ripper little sounder but I doub't it.
How much do I need to spend and what should I get. I don't really want to go overboard on this spending spree but there aint much point buying something else if it won't do the trick.

Zeeke
15-06-2004, 10:22 AM
pretty old sounder i think mate, these days u can pick up a tree stump with ease and all the branches.. and a good sounder will even show a line as you drop your sinker to the bottom

check out a Humminbird Matrix.. depending on your requires.. they have models that start from around $280 upto $1600.. all are gps capable too.. just connect the optional gps antenna and uve got gps and sounder in 1

or a Lowrance X51.. usually around the $350 mark, top little sounders with good resolution and some come with speed and temp built in

Tim